Payroll & Benefits Associate
- 1st Floor, Block C, The Chocolate Factory, Keynsham, , ,, Bristol, South Glos, gb
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Attend Weekly Breakfast meetings and highlight your issues/ideas and concerns.
All payroll processing input and checked on a daily basis.
Manual payment requests processed within service level agreement.
Timesheets extracted/uploaded/updated within agreed deadlines.
Check Exceptions/FICO/BACS reports and correct any errors.
Run wage variance/recharge reports. Ensure all reports are password protected for onward transmission to relevant payroll approvers.
Ensure all payroll approvals are received within required deadlines.
Balance recharge/wage variance and fico reports.
Produce and send BACS file to ALBACS.
Liaise with Finance Department to ensure BACS file is approved to ensure employees are paid on the agreed pay day.
Ensure payrolls are exited after payrolls processed to the bank and advise team members that the new period is open for processing.
Test P45 file for production by outsourcers.
Send P46 file to HMRC via Gateway.
Undertake and resolve queries for employees, HMRC and other government bodies.
Liaise with Finance to assist with queries regarding reconciliations of P35 and 3rd Party payments.
Benefits administration – Maintain benefits for medical insurance, pension plans, Sharesave & SIPS schemes, Cycle to work, Childcare Vouchers and any other employee benefit.
Ensure a clean desk policy and filing/scanning is undertaken to the highest standard.
Advise management of any areas of improvement in process, system and procedure identified during normal day to day activities
Ensure Business compliance with all Group and legislative requirements.
Ensure adherence to the customer service charter in order to deliver a world class Business Support Centre environment.
Support unpopular as well as popular decisions and maintain a professional approach at all times.
Keep up with all communications to your team and follow all legislative changes.
Maintain and demonstrate sound working knowledge of the open text system.
Ensure clear communication is carried out with all key stakeholders.
Display resilience and ownership in the face of unforeseen business changes and resourcing issues.
Demonstrate the capability to solve problems, analyse and propose the solutions without waiting to be asked, being led or directed.
Any other duties commensurate with their status and role within MITIE.
· Payroll & Benefits procedural and legislative knowledge
· Excellent IT skills, including SAP payroll and Microsoft office
· Good presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
· Good customer service skills
· Strong organisational skills
· Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines
· Ability to work independently on own initiative and also to contribute as part of a team
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.