- Centrale Shopping Centre, Croydon, United Kingdom
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Mitie has a great opportunity in Croydon. We are looking for an experienced CCTV Controller to join the team on site. Your shift pattern will be discussed the interview, with a pay rate of £10.29 per hour, working 42 hours per week on average. This will be on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern
- Responsible for the ‘live’ operation of the Mitie Team that manages the essential functions of;
- All common and public areas of the shopping centre
- The Client emergency and evacuation procedures
- Officer time and attendance
- Health, safety & welfare of the Mitie site based team
- Incidents that affect The Client and Mitie
- Business Continuity Planning centred on the continued operation of the control room and shopping centre
- Client building security and safety
- Providing a high standard of response to telephone and email enquiries
- Supervision & support for all Mitie on site personnel
- Provide timely and effective communication to all within the business including and up to the centre manager and client board level on;
- Incidents that occur on or affect Centre
- Update and collate incident information, Daily Reports and Flash reports.
- Serious incident tracking and management
- Absence & lateness reporting
- Systems Fault reporting
- Incident management and direction of personnel with support of TL/SSM/SOM where and when applicable
- Ensure all incidents are logged and managed effectively through to completion
- Effectively communicate business issues to the relevant centre departments
- Maintain the standards of the Security for access / egress and visitor regulation
- To be fully conversant with the methods of working of all equipment and to ensure that it is of a standard and quality commensurate with the requirements of the property.
- Handle all day to day enquiries which arise from whatever source in respect of the daily operation of the security of the centre.
- To develop and maintain good working relations with applicable local agencies and services.
- Any other reasonable request from management or client.
- Entry, completion and checking of all accident and Health and Safety reports relating to AIR2 and Safeguard
- Ensure compliance with the CCTV Policy and audit trail
- Ensure the issue of keys is in line with procedure and fully auditable
- SIA CCTV Licence required for the role.
- Enthusiastic and motivational.
- Punctual and reliable
- Organised, able to make decisions.
- Honest, transparent and consistent
- Gain and hold the respect of others
- Have a flexible approach with a “can do” attitude
- Good communication skills
- Relevant industry experience while not essential is preferred, although it is expected that the candidate will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the unique features of the industry including licensing
- Has the ability to contribute toward a team operation or can work on his own initiative
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly at all levels within the organisation
- A comprehensive working knowledge of all processes and procedures
- Excellent report-writing and analytical skills with attention to detail
- A positive attitude to dealing with people and taking on challenges
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
For all internal applicants, please note Terms and Conditions are non-transferable