OCC Co-ordinator - Primary Data Centre
- 10 Paternoster Sq., London, London, United Kingdom
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
o We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
o We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
o We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
o Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
o Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
To support the Duty Shift Manager, in all aspects of compliance, incident management and the day to day operation at a very busy, high-profile and prestigious contract. The role requires an individual who will constantly strive to streamline, innovate, and improve the security operation and administration of the contract.
- Oversee all aspects of site compliance. Ensuring all Health and Safety checks, patrols and Security systems checks are completed by the Security team and remedial actions completed when required.
- Produce monthly access reports to Data Centre Manager and complete any remedial actions as required.
- Correctly manage the OCC operation, incidents, email account inbox, CCTV and telephones at all times, responding promptly and appropriately to requests and duties.
- Closely control the issuing of keys from the TRAKA system.
- Create new Staff passes as required and allocate the appropriate levels of access to Staff Visitor / Contractor passes.
- Allocate parking bays in line with requests, procedures and availability.
- Ensure that all works areas that are used by Security are maintained in a clean and fit state, free from personal belongings.
- Follow the correct escalation procedure and respond in the appropriate manner regarding any emergency procedures or any other incident.
- Horizon scanning and monitoring of threats, events and any other occurrences that could affect Security Operations.
- Assist where needed with any ad-hoc requests from the Security Contract Manager, Duty Shift Manager or client.
- Constantly strive for continuous improvement whilst assisting the Security Contract Manager and Duty Shift Manager to deliver against Strategic Objectives.
- Assist the Security Contract Manager and Duty Shift Managers in managing all aspects of the security team and security operation.
- Ensure the highest standards of dress, deportment, bearing and turnout are adhered to at all times
- To provide the highest level of customer service ensuring that all persons either visiting or working at the site are treated courteously and professionally at all times.
- Provide the highest standards of work and written reports as requested
Front Line SIA licence in Security Guarding and CCTV Licence. - Essential
Excellent communication skills written and oral. – Essential
Previous experience in a compliance and report-based role - Desirable
Previous experience working within and administrating a security team in a corporate environment. – Essential
Excellent IT skills with the ability to work competently in multiple system applications. - Essential
Excellent Personnel management and client facing skills.
Previous experience of operating and administrating security systems.
Ability to operate in a high-pressure environment.
First Aid trained. - Desirable
Must be alert, flexible and responsive to the changing environment.
A highly organised individual with the ability to work on their own initiative adopting a proactive, solution driven style in their duties.
An individual that is security minded but also customer focused. Ability to build and maintain effective, professional working relationships with all, client, staff and visitors.
50 Hours a week