Area Contract Manager
- Grosvenor St, Chester CH1, UK
Delivering the exceptional, every day
- Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
- Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
- Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
- Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
· Managing the service delivery on a designated number of sites for a National Client ensuring that the contract service delivery is of a high standard, meets the Client’s needs and is delivered in line with the budgets set.
· To assist the wider team in ensuring the site teams and all sub-contracts are managed and service levels and targets are met to meet the SLA’s and client business requirements.
· To keep close professional contact with clients and be able to ensure customer satisfaction
- To ensure accurate reporting within agreed deadlines and timescales.
· To understand the Service Level Agreement and Cleaning Specification to review performance of delivery in each contract to ensure the required standard is delivered for the client
- To complete audit inspections
- To build relationships and repour with each contract client within the geographical region, ensuring regular meetings takes place with each location manager
- Ensure adequate delivery of Health and Safety and compliance ensuring all policies and procedures are aligned with Mitie QHSE team and the Client, ensuring all risks are mitigated efficiently and effectively.
- To observe all client and and company statutory fire and safety regulations to promote a safe working environment for all Mitie staff in a diligent manner.
- Ensure all QHSE site packs on each contract include the following which is reviewed annually and kept updated where appropriate; contract management plan, risk assessments, method statements, COSHH data sheets. ( 15-20hrs per week )
- Ensure the Mitie Lifeline and accident reporting procedure is enforced across all contracts and the relevant investigations and procedures are completed in a timely manner.
· To manage poor performance in line with Mitie disciplinary procedure and ensure all HR related issues are reported to and liaised with the Human Resources Support Centre.
· To ensure the probation review process is completed with all new starters.
· To manage staffing levels to ensure the contracted hours are maintained and delivered at all times, with holidays and sickness covered and managed appropriately.
· To recruit employee’s using the Mitie recruitment process and ensure staffing levels are maintained at the agreed level.
· To complete new starter documentation and obtain the relevant Right To Work in line with corporate and legal process.
· To ensure the Mitie Induction and Training is completed with each new starter and a record kept on file in the form of the training record card.
· To identify employee training and development needs, creating Performance Development Plans where applicable.
· To ensure Mitie employees abide by the personal hygiene and uniform policy at all times.
- To deal with any customer complaints or concerns within a timely and efficient manner to ensure the issue is fully investigated, with a robust action plan to rectify created, implemented and communicated back the client.
- To abide by all Mitie Fleet polices and ensure EDS mileage submissions are completed in a timely manner and to the required deadline
- To understand the Mitie expenses policy and submit claims in accordance with policy
- Ensure the absence procedure is endorsed and managed with direct reports, using the Bradford Factor process.
- Complete Repeat Failed Action Plan to identify the actions required to rectify attributes at a site considered at risk by consistently failing to achieve the KPI.
- Ensure asset’s are well maintained and in good working condition, monitoring depreciation and submitting Capex for replacement where necessary.
- To ensure the completion of the four weekly payroll to ensure employees are paid to pin and submission is in a timely manner.
· Ensure that the service is delivered in line with the budget and that the financial and commercial targets are met.
· Demonstrate a commitment to and to work within the MITIE Core Values and conduct themselves in line with the Mitie Code of Conduct.
· To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
· To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
· Allocate the appropriate resources and ensure that the service is delivered effectively and efficiently to a high standard
· Ensure that the KPI’s for the contract are met in full
· Ensure that the services are delivered in line with the Clients timetabled requirements across the Region
· Ensure service delivery is in line with the governance structure set and that we are compliant and meet our with legal and statutory obligations, including monitoring all audits in line with the contract requirements
· Provide service delivery performance reports as requested
· Contribute and share best practice with the wider team and contract
Full driving licence
40 hours per week as business requires. Full training will be given to suitable applicants, but must be flexible with their working hours.