Technical Services Learning & Development Manager - FTC (6 months)
- London Bridge St, London SE1, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Technical Services Learning & Development Manager is responsible for supporting the learning and development agenda for their Business Unit. Working as part of the Group L& D team to support the groups leadership and Talent development agenda, whilst supporting the Technical Services Division Learning agenda within Mitie.
In this role, you will support the full value chain: identify the learning and development needs, define their learning curriculum, select and design and roll-out of learning modules, measure impact, and manage the overall development investment.
You will partner with the Technical Services Division and create a plan that integrates with the overall people agenda. You will work closely with the group L&D learning team where there are shared priorities to create and deliver the programs in support of Mitie’s overall learning agenda. You will also have responsibility for line managing the Technical Services Learning team.
- Partnering with key stakeholders, ensuring that solutions are relevant, prioritized, aligned to talent needs, built quickly, and delivered to land impact
- Supporting change through proven change management skills and strong interpersonal, analytical and influence skills
- Working through ambiguity; Translating business strategy to people and learning strategies
- Working effectively and collaboratively in a group environment with people at all organizational levels and across locations enabled by strong presence, business acumen, and communication skills
- Minimum 5-7 years of applicable work experience in a regulated technical environment (essential)
- Experience in managing Technical Apprenticeship Programmes/Cohorts
- Experience in managing Cultural and Transformations Programmes from a learning perspective
- Academic degree, with a concentration in learning and development, talent management/leadership development or organizational development background preferred
- Experience developing, designing and managing the roll-out of learning programs across multiple locations, with a track record of program management
- Experience of managing a small team of learning professionals
- Coaching and facilitation skills
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.