Office Services Manager
- 19 Canning St, Edinburgh EH3 8EH, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Daily management of Office Services functions, ensuring that all agreed service levels and service standards are met and complied with for Mail Room, goods in, courier management, Reprographics, Stationery and Records Management.
Reprographics and scanning
Off-site Reprographics Support (if/when required)
Confidential waste management
In addition, the role-holder will have the following responsibilities:
Health & Safety management and the safe working and well-being of all colleagues on your site
Producing monthly volume reports
Staff management and development
Customer and client management
Develop, maintain and adhere to all detailed Mitie systems, policies and procedures to perform the full scope of the role.
Follow and maintain Mitie Quality Management Systems, including development, maintenance and implementation of continuous improvement procedures.
Manage where appropriate, sub-contractor and third party suppliers to meet the requirements of the contract
Overall management of each department, HR queries, processes and team management
Health and Safety:
Ensure all Health & Safety policies are developed, maintained and implemented as required to meet the scope of the service operation.
Maintain responsibility for all Health and Safety Planning, including Risk Assessments, COSHH, PPE and Health and Safety Plans.
Complete Accident/Incident Reports and report all incidences through the correct Mitie Lifeline channels
To be an on-site First aider and Fire Warden
Manage the service delivery to ensure outstanding service to the client and customers
Ensure contractual Service Level Agreements are managed, developed and implemented to meet the needs of the contract.
Undertake programmed inspections and audits on service delivery and close off all non-compliance
Full awareness of current workload and status of current and future projects
Be a customer service champion, taking a pro-active approach to customer service management and promote excellent service standards
Utilising relevant tools undertake regular benchmarking exercises against customer service to ensure a service lead approach to delivery
Attend face to face meetings with any customer issues or queries to maintain a high level of positive customer feedback
Build a strong relationship with key clients, based upon openness and mutual trust
Attend regular service meetings to ensure service delivery satisfaction and development of future services
Attend PA and secretarial meetings to understand the perception of the service and the areas for improvment
Identify any cost saving opportunities and service delivery innovations
Produce the monthly management report, spend and SLA's
Manage and motivate teams to ensure that Mitie delivers all contractual requirements.
Ensure appropriate holiday and sickness operational cover is in place.
Maintain a minimum staff turnover rate to meet continuing service standards.
When needed, undertake pro-active recruitment of qualified staff to meet the requirements of contract performance and service delivery.
Ensure all staff observe rules and standards and deliver services to the required standard.
Undertake regular appraisal and development meetings with staff.
Prepare training plans to develop people and services.
Encourage staff to undertake a pro-active approach to their own development.
Ensure staff training is carried out to the highest level.
· Excellent leadership skills, allowing them to develop a high service culture.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Monitoring, recording and reporting performance targets for the team and individuals.
· The ability to develop and maintain excellent customer relationships.
· Ability to prioritise and manage peak service demands.
· Ability to comunnicate with clients at all levels
· Enthusiastic personality with great people skills
· Dedicated and organised
· Flexible approach
· Team player
· Appropriate personal appearance
· Adaptable to multiple personalities
· Focussed on the services, clients and finances and projects
Health and Safety responsibilities:
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.