Security Operations Manager
- Park St, Mayfair, London, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
• To support the Account Management Team in all matters relating to the service delivery of the team and work in accordance to the standards required by Mitie and the client.
• To provide exceptional leadership and day to day management of the centre Mitie team which is responsible for supporting and managing all of the centre operations 24hrs per day 7 days per week.
• To provide clear and timely communication to all within the centre on key issues that affect the business operation and customer service delivery.
• Ensure that the interests of REM, Park House retailers, Occupiers and their Guests are fully protected at all times and conduct yourself accordingly, as their representative.
• Taking full responsibility for the building operation & ensuring it is in accordance with the standard operating requirements.
• Ensure a high level of Customer Service is delivered and maintained at all times.
• Responsible for the ‘live’ operation of the Mitie Team that manages the essential functions of;
o All common and public areas of Park House and Park House Apartments
o Evacuation procedures
o Officer time and attendance
o Health safety & welfare of the Mitie site based team
o Incidents that affect REM, Park House occupiers, retailers, residents and Mitie
o Business Continuity Planning centred on the continued operation of the control room
o Providing a high standard of response to telephone and email enquiries
o Leadership to the Mitie team on duty ensuring all issues are dealt with correctly
o Management & support for all Mitie on site personnel
• Provide timely and effective communication to all within the business including and up to REM and Mitie on;
- Incidents that occur on or affect the building, occupiers, retailers and residents
- Update and collate incident information
- Serious incident tracking and management
- Absence & lateness reporting
- Officer misconduct
- Systems Fault reporting
• Ensure all incidents are logged and managed effectively through to completion
• Manage the personnel within the building
• Effectively communicate business issues to REM to be escalated to either other service providers, occupiers, retailers or residents.
• Provide duty management support for the building
• Ensuring staffing levels are appropriate and in line with contractual requirements
• Maintain the standards of the Security for access / egress and visitor regulation
• Ensure standards of dress, safety and presentation are maintained within the centre security team at all times
• Complete regular audits on all security activities within the building and present to REM managent team
• Provide continued training and coaching to all staff members to enhance performance and provide job enrichment
• To be fully conversant with the methods of working of all equipment and to ensure that it is of a standard and quality commensurate with the requirements of the property.
• Review the performance and quality of the Team Leaders / loading bay officers and security officers on a monthly basis to achieve acceptable standards
• To ensure that the building is fully recruited at all times, and that recruitment process is correctly followed
• Ensure that all staff receive the required level of supervision. Conduct and monitor annual appraisals of SSM/Team Leaders in line with company policy and encourage further development.
• Ensure that the SSM/Team Leaders give their reports the required level of supervision and Annual Appraisals with their reports in line with Company Policy and encourage further development.
• Ensure that all staff are site trained and have signed the Assignment and procedure Instructions.
• Ensure that all staff are trained on and have signed the HSE Risk Assessments.
• Ensure that complete and updated Assignment and procedure Instructions are being followed. Where site or procedure instructions are not being followed, ensure that corrective actions are raised.
• Take detailed notes on any issues of a disciplinary/capability nature, ensuring that Company Procedures are carried out regarding any disciplinary and appeal incidents.
• Arrange regular meetings with the Site based teams and advise/discuss possible improvements to the security/customer service on site. All meetings must be documented.
• Ensure that all contractual requirements are properly fulfilled and if there is a issue or concern inform the Account management.
• Handle all day to day enquiries which arise from whatever source in respect of the daily operation of the security of the building.
• To develop and maintain good working relations with applicable local agencies and services.
• Any other reasonable request from management or client.
• Management of key performance indicators and service level agreements.
• Completion and checking of all accident and Health and Safety reports.
Health and Safety responsibilities
• Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
• Ensure compliance with the Client and Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
• Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
• Report actual and suspected security incidents;
• Previous experience of managing teams
• Be able to work on own initiative and take personal responsibility and ownership for all actions
• Experience of dealing with HR investigations, grievances and disciplines
• Demonstrate great customer service skills to engage with a range of stakeholders
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrate attention to detail
• Demonstrate effective leadership and team building skills
• A decisive and assertive decision maker who can interpret situations to proceed with a prioritised action plan that achieves the results required
• Excellent report writing, investigative and analytical skills with attention to detail
• Excellent organisation and time management skills
• Proven track record working towards KPI’s and SLA’s
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, tax-free childcare schemes and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
For all internal applicants, please note Terms and Conditions are non-transferable