Staff Nurse (Police Custody) - Merseyside
- Merseyside Cusody Suites, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Care & Custody HCPs are RGNs or Paramedic who are qualified Healthcare Professionals working in partnership with 12 National Police Forces, to pro-actively reduce re-offending.
Our teams are developed with accredited training and career path opportunities in a trailblazing "Nurse Led" service.
We deliver 1st class forensic medical services into police custody suites across the UK and are looking for exceptional people to join our teams.
Staff Nurse | Paramedic | Excellent Training and Development opportunities
Salary £34,000 per annum
42 hours a week on a 8 week rolling rota.
Who we're looking for
- Experience in working with challenging behaviours and vulnerable people (Essential)
- Registered Nurse or Paramedic with at least 2 years post-qualification experience (Essential)
- Experience of A&E, Primary Care, Substance Misuse, Walk in or Urgent Care (Desirable)
Duties and responsibilities
- Assessment & care of detainees and staff in custody suites.
- Forensic sampling, including road traffic offence bloods.
- Mental health and substance misuse assessments and management.
- Providing substance misuse therapies whilst in custody.
- Healthcare promotion, brief interventions & self-harm reduction.
- Referrals and Signposting to support wider vulnerabilities the reduction of re-offending.
Training and Benefits
We provide professional development (accredited by Teesside University). Our teams have been developed with this accredited training and taken advantage of career pathway development opportunities in our "HCP Led" service. For exceptional team members looking to progress their skillset within forensics we will offer opportunities to take your career to the next level. including the opportunity to achieve a The Faculty of Forensic and Legal Medicine’s Licentiate Award and / or PGCert in Advanced Nursing in Forensic Practice. .
We offer a competitive salary in addition to benefits including pension schemes, private medical cover, share schemes and MiDeals discount scheme with over 3000 offers available from your favourite retailers, leisure and utilities companies.
Police Vetting Requirements
You must have:
- Right to work in the UK
- Continuously resided in the UK for the previous 3 years, with no more than 3 months spent overseas at any one time.
- Full UK driving license.
- Active PIN & full membership of the HCPC (Paramedic), or NMC (RGN) with no restriction on practice.
- Flexibility to move across Merseyside Custody Suites
Care & Custody, a Mitie company