- 21 Sackville St, Mayfair, London W1S 3DN, UK
- Monday Start Time: 07:00
- Monday End Time: 19:00
- Tuesday Start Time: 07:00
- Tuesday End Time: 19:00
- Wednesday Start Time: 07:00
- Wednesday End Time: 19:00
- Thursday Start Time: 07:00
- Thursday End Time: 19:00
- Friday Start Time: 07:00
- Friday End Time: 19:00
- Saturday Start Time: Not Applicable
- Saturday End Time: Not Applicable
- Sunday Start Time: Not Applicable
- Sunday End Time: Not Applicable
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 53,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Mitie has a great opportunity in London. We are looking for an experienced Security Officer to join the team on site.
Shift pattern: Monday-Friday 07:00-19:00hrs
Pay rate: £11.15 per hour.
Job Objectives & Responsibilities
- To protect our customer’s property, people and/or assets by providing security services in direct accordance with the sites published Assignment Instructions (AI’s) and any subsequent changes.
- Delivering results that meet and / or exceed the Key performance indicators / Service Level Agreement for the customer through full responsibility and accountability, providing a service that aids in the retention of the contract.
- To undertake additional training to ensure continuous self-development.
- Manning the Reception, greeting customers and visitors.
- Patrolling of the site, taking ownership of any defects or issues and resolving accordingly.
- Handle all day to day enquiries which arise from whatever source in respect of the daily operation of the security.
- Liaise and build relationships with visitors, residents and retailers across Regent Street.
- To be aware of and ensure compliance with all aspects of policies and relevant legal and regulatory requirements as directed by the Security Account Manager and in accordance with UK Law and Guidance bodies.
- Fully and satisfactorily complete all of the tasks and duties on site as defined within the published Assignment Instructions (AI’s).
- Proactively refer to and review the published Assignment Instructions, thus familiarising oneself with any changes in order to suggest additional amendments that will improve or enhance the current level of service.
- To be compliant with Industry and Statutory Legislation (you are required to obtain a front-line licence in either Security Guarding or Door Supervision), which must be worn at all times whilst carrying out your duties.
- Comply with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Follow instructions and procedures appropriately without unnecessarily challenging authority
- Work in a systematic, methodology and orderly way.
- Fully and satisfactorily complete all required competency training.
- To undertake additional training to ensure continuous self-development as directed by the Security Manager.
- Use technology to achieve key work objectives and develop job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development.
- You are required to ensure you renew your licence 16 weeks before expiry.
Security and Health & Safety
- Look out for, and to immediately report, any Health & Safety hazards, or potential hazards, on site.
- Stay alert to any threats or changes within the work environment in order to take the appropriate action to reduce the chance of disruption, loss or damage.
- Use common sense and initiative by immediately involving others if a situation appears to become threatening.
- To maintain professional conduct in the face of difficult situations and challenging customers
- Complete an accurate, detailed notebook entry as soon as possible after any incident, which can then be used as part of the Incident Report process.
- Keep to schedules and demonstrate commitment to Mitie and the Client.
- To ensure check calls are being carried out at the allocated time slot as stipulated in the Assignment Instructions (AI’s). To call emergency services and Control to report all incidents.
- Previous Security Experience
- Excelent Communication skills and Customer Service
- Strong IT Skills
- SIA License
Benefits: Holiday, Pensions, SIA licence renewal, Uniform/ongoing training / Refer a friend scheme and other company benefits