- London Bridge St, London SE1, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 53,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Values: Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
The overall purpose of this role is to deliver site based technical training. Reporting to the Technical Training – Team Leader, this role will provide day to day support in the delivery of site based technical training and projects helping our colleagues to develop their skills. The job holder would be expected to deliver; SIA, First Aid qualifications, Banksman, Site based inductions and scenario-based training to the business.
- Design deliver and evaluation of technical learning to the business.
- Work with the Learning support team to deliver training in line with business requirements and the plans agreed with the business units.
- Provide reporting and data of training activity.
- Ensure all technical training meets regulatory and QA standards where required.
- Ensure all learning is delivered in an engaging and professional manner.
- Support in the identification and build of communication activity, to promote the learning being delivered and its impact.
Be an ambassador for the Mitie vision and values and ensure they are embedded into all training interventions
- Minimum Level 3 teaching qualification
- First Aid /Assessor qualification
- Excellent communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Experience in delivering both face-to-face and blended learning approaches
- Resilient, adaptable, and flexible
- Strong attention to detail and a creative approach to delivery
- Excellent organisation, diary management and time management skills
- Understanding of digital learning and blended learning techniques
- Strives for excellence and is passionate about own personal and professional development
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Always follow Group and company policies and procedures .
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment.
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received.
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system.
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities.
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager.
- Report actual and suspected security incidents.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work. This role is a Fixed Term Contract for 6 months.