- 1st Floor, Block C, Bristol, Bristol, City of, gb
- Employees can work remotely
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
About Strategic Analytics
The strategic analytics team sits within Connected Workspace division of Mitie. Its mission is to drive increased business performance through exposing actionable analytics. We achieve this by working with business leaders, understanding strategic goals and delivering the insight to help achieve these targets.
About the Role
This role is crucial to the development of the strategic analytics team, it is a leadership role with the remit to influence across multiple teams and disciplines in Mitie. The successful candidate will have the ability to adapt skillsets depending on the situation, from business consultant to lead analyst to data developer. They will have the ability to quickly build strong relationships with multiple senior stakeholders with an attitude that everything is possible, even if you’re not quite sure how to achieve it…yet. They will be able to absorb information quickly, on a wide range of topics, conceptually connecting seemingly siloed business objectives into aligned requirements. They will have a broad knowledge of the analytics industry being able to recommend new technologies and services based on varying requirements.
From an analytics perspective you will be able to quickly develop proof of concept reports, converting unstructured data into something that is structured and usable, translating the results into simple stories, highlighting key points of value, aligned to your audiences knowledge and level of understanding. Once a working POC has been accepted, then to develop the requirements, project scope & business case to convert proof of concepts into productionised systems.
The successful candidate will have direct line management of a growing team of analysts. They will be expected to set consistent SMART objectives, work with their team to create individual development plans and ensure that all work is planned and documented in the relevant project planning tools.
• Experience of leading/managing a team of analysts
• Proven track record of value-add deliveries in an analytical team(s) with at least 3yrs experience in similar roles
• Highly proficient in Microsoft PowerBI with strong visualization skills
• Experienced in SQL, knowledge of Python is also preferred
• Knowledge of machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce insight
• Knowledge of data mining models
• Experience of data modelling – creating structure out of chaos
• Experience working in an agile environment with an understanding of product management methodologies.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to work with and manage multiple stakeholders
• Experienced at presenting and delivering to senior audiences, both internal and client-side
• Experience of large organisations, Facilities Management or Property industry highly preferred
• Excellent verbal and written language skills
• Knowledge of industry wide developments an advantage
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture: our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.