- The Shard, London, GREATER LONDON, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
We are looking to recruit 3 Bid Managers to join our Care & Custody team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Senior Business Development Manager, the Bid Managers will be based at The Shard, Level 12, 32 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9SG.
The key responsibilities will be leading, managing and writing high quality bids into the public sector to secure new business and growth, with direction and guidance from the Director of Business Development. This is a proactive role, ensuring the Company is able to respond professionally to convert sales opportunities to new contracts.
- Manage and direct all proposal efforts and personnel involved in complex projects i.e. RFI, ITT, RFP etc.
- Lead on the development and review of the proposal’s operational solution, strategies and themes, and manage the development of a Proposal Management Plan (PMP)
- Analyse the RFP/bid requirements against the proposal outline to ensure both compliance and responsiveness to the customer’s issues and needs
- Build the proposal’s compliance matrix and track the fulfilment of all requirements throughout the tender cycle
- Build a project plan to ensure the timely and compliant submission of the proposal, incorporating internal governance and gateway reviews
- Lead on the creation and delivery of the Bid/No Bid and Bid Review/Sign-Off presentations
- Take responsibility for the development and completion of storyboarding, ensuring that key win themes are captured and articulated through the technical response
- Lead regular proposal progress status meetings and maintain the proposal schedule. Developing material for interim review and internal evaluation of the technical, management, and overall proposal approaches
- Lead and direct writing/editing/rewriting efforts. Coordinate and review / edit proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from operations, HR, finance, commercial, legal
- Implement all necessary proposal procedures and processes and ensure their governance
- Competitor analysis, particularly in the area of pricing and service-provision
- Remaining abreast of changes specific to the markets in which we operate, ensuring these are reflected in future service delivery models, technical responses and pricing (as necessary)
- Delivery of compliant, professionally produced proposals within customer defined timeframes
- Work collaboratively with a variety of internal/external stakeholders including the coordination of support functions (finance, commercial, legal and operations) during tender process
- Network within the custodial and healthcare sectors procurement counterparts (MoJ / Home Office / NHS / Police Forces and Police and Crime Commissioners). Be seen to be a trusted advisor / partner of clients.
- Support the development of Care & Custody strategy work and, subject to capacity, have the opportunity to support contract mobilisations.
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels, including to senior colleagues/stakeholders
- Strong planning / time management / prioritisation skills
- Strong written and verbal English language skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience working to KPIs and targets
- Excellent listener
- Effective relationship builder and maintainer
- Commercial awareness
- Self-motivated and results focused
- Document template management in line with company branding
- Experience working within the Criminal Justice, Immigration, Police and/or Healthcare sectors with the following customers – Ministry of Justice / Home Office / NHS / Police Forces and Police and Crime Commissioners
- Professional qualification and/or appropriate professional body membership
- Degree educated and/or operational experience
- Proposal automation software (or similar) experience
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;