Printroom Workflow Co-Ordinator
- Holborn, London, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
- Ensure Cost codes /Matter numbers are correct for billing purpose
- Demonstrate and provide excellent communication to the client, building relationships and promoting the department services
- Demonstrate delegation skills
- To work Closely with the management team, ensure agreed SLA’s are adhered to
- To work along other Mitie functions to promote One Team approached
- Lead by example and demonstrate can-do attitude
- Handle all department queries and complaints
- Practice Mitie’s QHSE standards in all tasks and duties
Day to day duties
- Monday to Friday, 10:00-19:00
- Control the workflow for the printroom, assign operators with jobs and ensuring all work is completed within timescale
- Liaise face to face with customer/clients and Recommend service solutions where suitable
- Check print request submission chasing unreasonable deadlines to re-negotiate
- Utilise teams down time to maximise productivity
- Monitor Volumes passing through each production device
- Liaise with third party suppliers
- Provide job quotes, both financial and timescales/liaise with off-site reprographics centre
- Manage client expectation by keeping them up to date with progress of work and turnaround times and pre-empt delays in good time
- Ensure consumable’s stock take is complete on a regular basis by nominating an operative to conduct this task
- Coordinate temporary staff
- Work within the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act, ensuring the work areas are always free and clear from danger
- Ensure high standard of housekeeping is maintained at all times within the department
Technical skills required
- Microsoft suite of packages (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Advanced working knowledge of EFI Fiery software
- Advanced working knowledge of Adobe Pro/Nuance PDF
- Knowledge of InDesign
- Strategic thinker
- Enthusiastic personality with great people skills
- Dedicated and organised
- Flexible approach
- Appropriate personal appearance
- Adaptable to multiple personalities
- Focussed on the services, clients and finances and projects
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work. A comprehensive training programme in place to support personnel development
Note: This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. A more detailed job description will be available at interview should you be successful in your application. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business