Head of Marketing & Design
- The Shard, 32 London Bridge Street, London, London, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Job objectives and responsibilities:
Fully accountable for shaping and delivering our customer facing marketing strategy within Technical Services, you will provide strong leadership to plan, develop, manage, guide and drive all aspects of our customer marketing function as part of the Technical Services commercial team. This will also include the support and development of the TS strategy design. This includes ownership of the creative design function within the commercial team for both internal content, external marketing and customer facing bid proposals.
Line management of Marketing content creator and the Creative Manager for Technical Services
Develop solutions for positioning our capabilities by Mitie’s preferred sectors
Develop technical solutions and new products to take to the market in liaison with the technical, sales and operations teams and drive the customer facing marketing strategies
Liaise with marketing & communications specialists within Technical Services specialist teams and the wider central Mitie team responsible for social media, market analysis, campaigns, events and NPS programmes
Liaise with marketing teams in our energy Plan Zero, Connected Workspace and IFM teams to align capabilities and make our offers consistent internal and external
- Liaise with Head of Quality, Insight and Analytics to harness available research and insight and ensure consistency and quality with other commercial function
- Liaise closely with the Head of Proposals to ensure consistency of message and alignment of solutions across both marketing output and tenders/proposals
Develop a data driven approach to marketing, including measuring performance of digital marketing efforts using a variety of web analytics tools
Support and expand our social media footprint in liaison with the Head of Communications within Technical Services
Support and expand roundtable discussions, webinars, customer reviews, key opportunity meetings and any key presentations
Develop creative ideas for content marketing with the Creative Manager for both internal and externally facing content
Development and execution of programs across awareness, demand generation, pipeline building, acceleration and customer retention
Deliver timely marketing insights to support decision making and team liaison to develop aligned content
Targeted Business Development strategy
Strategic and analytical thinker, who blends experience in B2B marketing with creative energy that inspires action
5+ years of experience in marketing leadership, preferably in the FM sector
Strong content, marketing, social media, email & digital marketing experience
An eye for design and creative content for both internal and external marketing and proposals
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.