PTP Resolutions Assistant
- 1st Floor, Block C, The Chocolate Factory, Bristol, United Kingdom
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
The role reports to the P2P Global Process Resolutions Manager and is part of the P2P Finance Shared Service Centre team. The primary objective of the role is to work with suppliers, outsourced partners and business units, to understand and resolve any significant issues, disputes and/or escalations. They are responsible for delivering high levels of service, acting in a professional manner, and ensuring that Mitie policies, processes and procedures are followed at all times.
The P2P Resolutions Assistant will be responsible for resolving queries and escalations in relation to purchase orders, invoices, expenses and other relevant supplier account issues.
Where the role requires Oracle User responsibilities, the P2P Resolutions Assistant will be responsible for supporting the P2P team with all associated Oracle technical queries and concerns.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To carry out the required actions and activities to ensure the timely and efficient resolution of issues and disputes raised in relation to purchase orders, invoices or wider account queries, ensuring no/ minimal business disruption and ensuring that Mitie does not become liable for additional costs, fines or penalties.
- To ensure all escalations are managed within the SLA’s agreed.
- To correspond with suppliers and other stakeholders in a professional manner, ensuring correspondence is processed promptly in accordance with relevant deadlines e.g. final demands and court claims.
- To identify weaknesses in process, policy, or systems causing issues or concerns, and recommending to line management relevant and appropriate solutions.
- To ensure best customer service is delivered at all times.
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required.
- To perform supplier statement reconciliations for manual payment requests, ensuring control accuracy, and making recommendations to the business and payments team on required actions.
- To assist with investigation of escalated issues and queries and internal qualitative matters such as un-cleared debt balances and aged purchase orders and invoices.
- Assist in the administration of court claims and other similar transactions.
AAT Level 3 or higher desirable.
- Capable of working on own initiative and self-motivating, with good attention to detail and levels of accuracy.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to align behaviour with the needs, priorities and goals of the organisation.
- Ability to maintain accurate and timely records, while working and adhering to strict deadlines and SLAs.
- Flexible approach to daily tasks and ‘ad-hoc’ duties.
- Confident and comfortable in dealing with performance related issues.
- The commitment, drive and tenacity to achieve high standards of customer excellence.
- Experience of working in an Accounts Payable function, preferably within a large organisation or Shared Services function.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel and MS Office 365 essential.
- Experience with SAP and or Oracle Financials Accounts Payable essential.
- Demonstrable experience in resolving disputes, conflicts and delivering successful resolutions.