Head of Energy & Sustainability (Vodafone Account)
- London Bridge St, London SE1, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Mitie provides facilities management, consultancy, project management and a range of specialist services that connect people with innovation and technology; helping our clients move beyond FM... to a connected workspace.
The Head of Energy & Sustainability role for the Vodafone Account sits within Mitie's Energy division. Mitie Energy are an award-winning, UK-based energy, utilities and sustainability solutions business. We are not a utilities provider, our services are truly independent. Mitie Energy advise on, implement, deliver and manage solutions that leverage our expertise across multiple utilities and Smart Buildings to provide maximum efficiencies and cost-savings.
Reporting into the Client Development Director for Vodafone (Mitie Energy), the Head of Energy & Sustainability for the Vodafone 1Team contract is the prime conduit for Vodafone on all sustainability pillars that Mitie provide. The successful person will lead across all service lines and ensure sustainable outcomes from our FM service delivery. Ensuring everyone in the partnership is kept fully informed through a range of collaborative means and Mitie maintains its status as trusted advisor to Vodafone are key objectives for the role.
The holder of this role:
- is responsible for directing and overseeing the end to end Energy & Sustainability activity for the Vodafone 1Team contract, setting and delivering overall strategy, achieving environmental reduction targets, and identifying and achieving upsell revenue and margin targets for Mitie within the contract;
- is the strategic, client facing lead for the Sustainability (Energy, Environment and Sustainable Business) programmes; tasked with overseeing all sustainable activities, combined with exploring the transformational/value-add capabilities across Mitie and applying these to drive and enhance sustainable development and responsible behaviour across the service delivery;
- is also accountable for ensuring that Sustainability Personnel across Mitie and Vodafone are linked in with the capabilities of Mitie and support, where necessary, to deliver and develop Vodafone Group Sustainability Strategy
- Will research, develop, and apply learnings from various public and private bodies (including Govt. policy and advise, NGOs etc) to the account. Will actively assess the impacts for Mitie and Vodafone and use this knowledge to help define the strategy for 1Team and Vodafone
This role will involve matrix management of a dedicated Sustainable Advisor role and will also work closely with many other teams in a matrix orientated structure across both Mitie and the client.
- Responsible for the leadership and day to day oversight and management of all environmental services for Vodafone and delivery of the Energy Performance Contract target within the Vodafone 1Team FM contract
- Be the prime contact for all areas of Energy, Environment, and Sustainability practices – With Vodafone, and the wider 1Team
- To be fully conversant with the Client’s sustainable business strategy; their sustainable business commitments; measures, targets, achievements and challenges; building an excellent understanding of the client’s sustainable business needs ensuring those goals are translated into compelling solutions and detailed proposals
- Overseeing the development and implementation of Vodafone’s capital expenditure on energy and sustainability, driving innovation and cost reduction initiatives for Vodafone
- Responsible for the development and setting of environmental strategy in line with Vodafone UK & Vodafone Group objectives and establishing the appropriate governance to provide robust delivery
- Responsible for integrating other Mitie business units (waste, water, catering) into the broader sustainability strategy; providing innovation, advice, and research that will benefit Mitie and Vodafone. Will draw on this expertise to develop and define revenue opportunities for Mitie, and will shape strategy for these business units
- Responsible for aligning Mitie’s sustainability strategy with Vodafone’s. Sharing knowledge, expertise, and learnings from Mitie’s focus (eg. EV strategy). Will educate the 1Team on Mitie’s direction of travel, and challenge the business on ensuring 1Team stays an admired contract.
- Provide support to Vodafone in the management and implementation of various management systems (eg. ISO:40001 and ISO:50001). Utilise the expertise of Mitie Sustainability in order to support in the implementation and management of these systems, and provide guidance / technical support as required
- To form direct, active relationships with the Client’s sustainable business leads; distinguish what success looks like, communicate to the Mitie Vodafone senior account team the client’s ambitions and ensure provision of quality, focused services and management information
Participate in joint partnership forums with the client to advise, guide and help evolve their energy, environment and sustainability strategies
- Experienced senior manager (5+yrs) with strong track record of delivering energy / environment / sustainability programmes in a large corporate environment
- Educated to degree level in an environmental, science or business related subject and with appropriate professional accreditations/qualifications (e.g. IEMA)
- Excellent client relationship skills, with ability to demonstrate deliverable competencies on behalf of the wider FM service delivery team as part of a sustainable partnership
- Ability to operate at senior management level and engage effectively with clients and internal stakeholders at all levels
- Strong leadership and project management skills with the ability to delegate and manage across matrix and virtual organisations
- Strong influencing, negotiation and commercial skills
- A big picture but also practical thinker in the delivery of transformational sustainability programmes, capable of effecting behaviour change
- Personal motivation and enthusiasm to drive and implement transformational change
- Specific knowledge of leading the delivery of energy and sustainability solutions as well as knowledge of energy & environmental legislation and regulations and its practical application
You will be part of a dynamic, motivated and very successful team on an award winning contract. Our ultimate aim is to support our corporate customers to do their part in helping to keep global warming below 1.5 degrees and preserve our planet for future generations.