Team Leader/ CCTV Controller - Shift 4 on 4 off Pattern £11.74
- Merchant Square, Paddington, London W2, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Job objectives and responsibilities
- Supervision of all CCTV, access control and alarm systems for the premises whilst adhering to the Data Protection Act 1998 and overseeing the supervision in these activities
- To be conversant with all life safety systems, and assist in responding to all emergencies promptly as illustrated in the Assignment Instructions and Emergency Preparedness & Response Plan
- Ensuring all site and company procedures are adhered to. Assessment, audit and review of current procedures and practices, making recommendations for change or amendment as require.
- Become the out of hours (if shift worker) lead and ensure that all incidents specific to the premises and robustly handled and escalated where required.
- To work in any of areas or undertake any roles specifically delegated by your Line Manager.
- To provide the highest level of customer service ensuring that all persons either visiting or working at the site are treated courteously and professionally at all times.
- To supervise a work environment that adheres to the Health & Safety procedures and policies of Mitie/JLL and the client ensuring a duty of care to all persons on the site.
- To ensure that a detailed handover between each shift and subsequent communication of shift reports and briefings are carried forward to site personnel.
- To continually support new initiatives and contribute towards the development of the site in the drive to establish ‘best in business’ practices across all Mitie/JLL locations.
- To actively promote a team ethos ensuring the seamless delivery of exceptional service standards to internal and external customers.
- To act as an ambassador to the client organisation ensuring that their business is represented accordingly in all the duties undertaken by you.
- To use a range of communication methods to keep the team informed and motivated. This will include handover document and daily occurrence records.
- To ensure that all post holders are fully trained and licensed to undertake their specific duties.
- Ensuring that all personnel have the appropriate uniform, PPE and equipment whilst performing duties whilst working in all environments or positions at the premises
- Ensuring a total security service is enforced and provided to the client whilst also ensuring staff and client relations are not put under and unnecessary duress because of this. Develop and maintain excellent working relationships at all levels.
- An ability to adopt a partnership approach and facilitate collaborative working relationships at all levels to achieve objectives and desired service delivery. Work in partnership with service partners/key services and customers’ representatives, ensuring all aspects of the site requirements are effectively managed.
- To assist the security team in providing timely and effective communication to all within the business including and up to the Estate Director and Mitie
- Update and collate incident information, Daily Reports and Flash reports and any other reports requested from the client
- Provide accurate information / direction to Security Officers / Estate Managers attending incidents within the estate demise.
- Maintain the standards of the Security for access / egress and visitor regulation.
- To be fully conversant with the methods of working of all equipment and to ensure that it is of a standard and quality commensurate with the requirements of the property.
- Ensure that all Policies and Procedures are followed in relation to duty requirements.
- Handle all day to day enquirers which arise from whatever source in respect of the daily operation of the security of the centre.
- Completion and checking of all accident and Health and Safety report.
- Ensure that all staff (core and relief) and dressed in accordance to the standards of the premises at all times. Uniform to be worn as prescribed by the client including PPE on a 24/7 basis.
- Ensure that all site documentation including DOR, key logs, access passes, equipment and CCTV in line with the DPA is fully up to date and accurate records kept, regular audits maintained to ensure site compliance adhered to.
- Ensuring incidents are logged, dealt with and escalated in a timely, professional and efficient manner. All incidents which occur on the Estate and buildings to be accurately reported, escalation and with detail provided without exception. Providing high quality written and verbal post incident/occurrence briefing reports.
- Ensure accurate records are maintained of all equipment including alarm systems, monitoring and systems faults and report any defects to maintenance contractor and the JLL Estates team on a daily shift basis to ensure appropriate and timely response and repair of equipment.
- Ensuring the the written instructions (assignment instructions, risk assessments) are in date, in line with the current requirement and signed by both the security personnel and client
- Ensure that all part of the premises are adequately secured during the shift and that where officers are in place they are fully aware of their duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure that all staff use the automated system to book on/off and complete check calls. Any discrepancies to this process must be escalated to the Manager/Account Manager
- Ensure that the site written instructions (assignment instructions/standard operating procedures etc) are read fully and signed and dated once read
- Ensure that risk assessments are read in full and signed and dated once read. Always fully the risk assessments laid down on the premises.
- Regular welfare/wellbeing meetings to be undertaken with each team member to ensure that they are well supported whilst working for Mitie. Any challenges or concerns to be raised with the Operations Manager where applicable
- Strong customer service skills.
- SIA CCTV Licence required for the role.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- IT Literate.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Significant experience of dealing with people and challenging situations.
- Strong written skills for reports, incidents and presentations.
- Good interpersonal skills, to liaise with security officers, managers, client, contractors and members of the public at all levels
- Strong written skills for reports, incidents and presentation.
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.