- Midland Way, Thornbury, Bristol BS35 2BS, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Location: Tesco Superstore, Kenn Rd, Clevedon BS21 6LH
5am to 10am
Various other shift available
Your new role as a Cleaning Operative will include the following duties:
- Have an understanding of the designated cleaning area, including the agreed work to be carried out and time allocated to the area.
- Follow the Health, Safety and Quality procedures within the role, including correct chemical usage and storage, and ensuring equipment is well maintained and safe for use.
- Take part in training on all cleaning equipment, materials and approved chemicals used within the premises.
- Ensure all areas of the station are clean and tidy. (Working to a cleaning rota)
- Identify potential safety or maintenance issues and communicate them to your line manager.
- Perform miscellaneous cleaning duties as instructed by the Cleaning Supervisor.
What we can offer you:
- Core Benefits – Holiday Entitlement, Pension contributions and discount through MiDeals which can give you discounts and savings at over 850 high street retailers.
- Voluntary Benefits – Cycle to work, Extra Holidays, Share Incentive Plan, Save as you Earn Scheme as well as numerous other benefits.
- Recognition and Wellbeing initiatives such as Mitie Stars, long service awards and our Employee Assistance Programme.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Previous cleaning experience is desirable but not essential.
- Have a flexible approach to the role.
- You must be Hardworking, reliable and motivated.
- You need to work well as a part of a team but also stay self-motivated.
- Ability to understand an instruction in English
- Ability to communicate and read basic English (for safety signs, work instructions etc.)
Health and Safety responsibilities:
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.