- London/South, London, United Kingdom
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
o We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
o We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
o We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
o Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
o Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
The QHSE Auditor has a crucial role to fulfil with regards to quality assurance and delivery across all packages of work on the contract; the role will provide the ideal candidate with an opportunity to make a real difference to site acceptance and management and the maintenance of a safe working environment.
The auditor will be responsible for attending/auditing telecommunication sites where they will ensure completed build works (both upgrades and new installations) have been constructed in accordance with the site design and to a high specification. A strong focus and high level of diligence must be applied when assessing whether the completed works are in accordance with the site design (and, where applicable are both contractual and legislatively compliant) and have been completed to a high level of quality with no residual H&S risks.
· Auditing build works (new installation, upgrade and remedial) to ensure they have been completed in accordance with design specification.
· Auditing build works (new installation, upgrade and remedial) to ensure a safe working environment has been established.
· Conducting planned preventative maintenance works to ensure statutory compliance and that reportable defects and health and safety hazards are managed and mitigated.
This position is for coverage in and around London and the South, please enquire for more specific geographical requirements
· Proven ability to work both as a team player and (where required) individually.
· Qualified to climb on telecommunication sites (advanced climber, first aid at height, RF and rooftop safety etc.)
· Experience of working in the telecommunications industry; ideally with build/upgrade/maintenance experience.
· Good understanding and appreciation of quality and hazard management.
IT literate, familiar with telecom related software.
Health and Safety responsibilities
• Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
• Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
• Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
• Report actual and suspected security incidents;
• Do not engage in social media activities/communication which have/may have the potential to damage Mitie and its shareholders/stakeholders;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.