Supervisor - Weekdays (Healthcare)
- Blackshaw Rd, London SW17, UK
- Monday Start Time: 15:00
- Monday End Time: 23:00
- Tuesday Start Time: 15:00
- Tuesday End Time: 23:00
- Wednesday Start Time: 15:00
- Wednesday End Time: 23:00
- Thursday Start Time: 15:00
- Thursday End Time: 23:00
- Friday Start Time: 15:00
- Friday End Time: 23:00
- Saturday Start Time: 00:00
- Saturday End Time: 00:00
- Sunday Start Time: 00:00
- Sunday End Time: 00:00
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Hours: 35 hours per week
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday - 3pm till 11pm
Salary: £12.50 per hour
Your new role as a Supervisor will include the following duties:
- Manage absence for the service ensuring return to work interviews are being completed, absence levels are tracked, and the absence management process is being followed.
- Ensure that contractual operational hours are achieved across all areas of responsibility always.
- Ensures specified lines of communication are followed always, with attention to escalation and problem reporting.
- Ensures effective methods of managing holiday bookings, ensuring all entitlement is booked by all staff, and operational cover is maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring there are adequate staffing levels across the department in-line with contract specification and demand
- Plans, allocates and evaluates work carried out by individuals, teams and self & provides and organises information for action
- Ensures that all colleagues are trained in accordance with clients and company’s requirements
- Ensures that engagement action plans are brought to & kept alive across the entire team, creating a positive environment that contributes to making Mitie a great place to work.
- Coaches & develops their teams to be the best they can be.
What we can offer you:
- Core Benefits – Holiday Entitlement, Pension contributions and discount through MiDeals which can give you discounts and savings at over 850 high street retailers.
- Voluntary Benefits – Cycle to work, Extra Holidays, Share Incentive Plan, Save as you Earn Scheme as well as numerous other benefits.
- Recognition and Wellbeing initiatives such as Mitie Stars, long service awards and our Employee Assistance Programme.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Has strong literacy and numeracy skills, ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Good knowledge level of all Microsoft office packages.
- Fully competent in the use of PCs and other types of technology
- Fully capable of understanding and maintaining the confidentiality across the site and respecting the needs of all stakeholders.
- Works well under pressure to meet the challenging deadlines for both operational and people aspects of their roles.
- Can effectively plan and manage own workload.
- A team player with the ability to lead by example through operational excellence, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact at all levels.
Health and Safety responsibilities:
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.