- Blackshaw Rd, London SW17, UK
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
- Report any potential service level failure immediately to the Line Manager.
- Monitor and adjust resources for the department to ensure the needs of the hospital are met in conjunction with peaks in demand and that labour is in line with the hours for the service.
- Implement controls and measures to ensure all service levels are achieved across all areas
- Ensures all local client guidelines regarding operation, health and safety and other business areas are followed by Team members always
- Manage absence for the service ensuring return to work interviews are being completed, absence levels are tracked, and the absence management process is being followed.
- Ensure that contractual operational hours are achieved across all areas of responsibility always.
- Ensures specified lines of communication are followed always, with attention to escalation and problem reporting.
- Ensures effective methods of managing holiday bookings, ensuring all entitlement is booked by all staff, and operational cover is maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring there are adequate staffing levels across the department in-line with contract specification and demand
- Plans, allocates and evaluates work carried out by individuals, teams and self & provides and organises information for action
- Ensures that all colleagues are trained in accordance with clients and companies requirements
- Communicates in an engaging way and motivating messages are conveyed across all teams.
- Effectively resources the team in line with business requirements
- Manages performance management for their team, ensuring there are mireviews completed
- Ensures that engagement action plans are brought to & kept alive across the entire team, creating a positive environment that contributes to making Mitie a great place to work.
- Utilises the internal HR systems, people support services to support them in their roles.
- Coaches & develops their teams to be the best they can be
- Brings to life the Mitie values daily ensuring they & their teams demonstrate the exceptional everyday.
- Undertakes additional duties in line with capabilities as required to fulfil requirements needed by the contract
- Upholds and reflects the vision and values of the Trust and Mitie in all actions and behaviours.
- Flexible approach to working patterns and availability. Seeks to improve productivity and the quality of service.
- Has a strong standard of both literacy and numeracy skills
- Good knowledge level of all Microsoft office packages. Fully competent in the use of PCs and other types of technology
- Developed excellent written, verbal communication to support them in their role.
- Fully capable of understanding and maintaining the confidentiality across the site and respecting the needs of all stakeholders.
- Works well under pressure to meet the challenging deadlines for both operational and people aspects of their roles.
- Can effectively plan and manage own workloads, however understands when to ask for support when needed.
- A team player with the ability to lead by example through operational excellence, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact at all levels.
- Demonstrates for a positive 'can do' attitude and can flex their style to meet the needs of the business
- Represents Mitie and the client always in a professional, courteous and confident manner
Health and Safety responsibilities:
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.