Projects, Team Leader
- Tower Place, London, United Kingdom
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
The services that the Projects & Team Leader is directly responsible for includes, but is not limited to:
Direct Team leadership of London based Records Floor controllers
Oversight of day to day activities and productivities of team
Participate in the completion of staff appraisals
Provide and/or co-ordinating team training requirements
Return to Work paperwork following staff sickness absence
Address staff performance issues and complete formal investigations when necessary in line with Mitie’s grievance and Disciplinary Policy and Guidelines.
Weekly & Monthly activity reporting
Supporting the Onsite & Offsite Project duties
Overseeing and administrating the project register
Visiting offsite locations across the UK to scope projects
Scoping Projects including recommending resources, timescales, potential costs & best practise solutions
Assessing onsite storage requirements and usage
Organising support (3rd party suppliers & records resources) to successfully deliver projects
Completing Records audits and assessments
Training customer users in Records processes and RSWeb demos
Meeting & presenting solutions to stakeholders and end users
Reconciling 3rd party inventories and collating discrepancies
Supporting the BAU Records Management floor controller activities
Main point of Contact for the clients with regards to ordering boxes/files, returning boxes/ files and New boxes
Receiving and processing email requests from Clients
Searching for files on current Records Management Systems
Creating collection and delivery work orders
Data entry & cataloguing of boxes & files.
Point of receipt for box/file deliveries
Distribution of boxes/files and scanning/tracking to requesters location
Liasing with delivery drivers
Supporting records management projects incl file room rescans
General housekeeping and tidiness of filing rooms
Compliant to MMC’s security, data protection policies and records best practise guidelines
• Ensure contractual Service Level Agreements are met and recorded.
Be a customer service champion, take a pro-active approach to customer service and promote good service standards, habits and methods across all properties
Build a strong relationship with key clients; MMC, Mitie and Iron Mountain, based upon openness and mutual trust.
Computer literate – proficient in relevant computer applications such as MS
Accurate keyboard skills and proven ability to enter data correctly
Knowledge of correct spelling, grammar and punctuation
Some understanding of clerical and administrative procedures
Excellent planning and organisation
Information and collection skills
Attention to detail required
Strong communication skills
Strong emphasis of following procedures surrounding legislation and confidentiality
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Work within the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act
Ensure high standard of housekeeping is maintained at all times within the department
Undertake QHSE training as required (HACB Level 3)
Provide team talk input and deliver team talk to team members
Advise your line management of any operational issues
General administrative duties in relation to the running of the overall operation including job recharging.
Undertake other duties not specifically stated above which from time to time are necessary for the effective performance of the overall service without altering the nature or level of responsibility involved.
Build a strong relationship with key clients within MMC and Mitie, upon openness and trust.
Manage and motivate teams to ensure that Mitie delivers our contractual requirements.
Ensure all staff observe site rules and standards and deliver services to the required standard.
Follow Mitie systems and procedures to manage all staff performance and non compliances.
Prepare training plans to develop people and services.
Encourage staff to undertake a pro-active approach to their own development.
Ensure all operational procedures are followed.
Follow company ethics, policies and procedures.
Have a very good eye for detail and be able to work hard to meet deadlines within a busy team.
Scan various documents on Flat bed and bulk head scanners.
Carry out all duties within a timely and professional manner.
To be flexible in approach to work patterns and systems, to maintain the standards required as a MITIE employee.
Telephone and email answering and accurate message taking.
Engage with and build relationships with colleagues and clients.
Adhere to any reasonable management request from line managers or client.
- To provide a professional, friendly, flexible and responsive customer service to clients and colleagues.
- To handle queries and complaints effectively, ensuring the client’s needs are met.
To demonstrate pride in all aspects of customer service.
Technical skills required
- All types of Records Management processes, indexing/cataloguing of documents and understanding of projects.
- Become fully skilled in how to use the RSON & RSWeb records management software
- Confident use of excel to create Project tracking reports
Ability to travel by car/train), so will require a clean driving licence
- Client focused – Must demonstrate a client-focused approach to providing a service, through personal commitment to the client and their business. Should build effective client-relationships based on trust, flexibility and a professional approach and be able to deal confidently with the client.
- Project and time management – Will demonstrate good time and project-management skills, as projects will require multiple actions. Must be able to manage and prioritise several projects throughout the day and manage clients expectations on how quickly jobs can be achieved when unrealistic deadlines are set, or workloads are high.
- Drive and enthusiasm – Will work with energy and enthusiasm, taking responsibility and ownership of projects. Should be determined to achieve results and be prepared to put in extra effort when required.
- Personal development – Will take responsibility for own development. Should seek and act upon feedback concerning own performance. Should be willing to share knowledge and experience with others.
- Judgment – Must be able to make logical decisions, considering all relevant information and alternative solutions. Should also consider the broader implications of proposed actions.
- Effective communication – Must speak clearly and concisely, ensuring all important information is communicated. Should ask relevant questions to ensure understanding. Must be sensitive to the client’s needs, remaining calm and confident, even in difficult situations. When required, should produce clear and well-structured written communications.
- Quality – Should demonstrate a concern for quality of results, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement. Must check work carefully and ensure all jobs worked on follow the quality checking procedures and that all work is presented according to brand guidelines.
- Reputational risk – Must consider the reputational risk to the firm, asking the question each time ‘what could go wrong here’, working to ensure that we comply with every element of the firm’s policy and removing elements where risk could be an issue.
- Planning and organising – Must plan and schedule activities to ensure best use of time and resources. Should take a logical and systematic approach to work, monitoring progress on tasks and reprioritising them to take account of changing circumstances. Must have ability to track several projects at once and monitor their progress throughout the production cycle.
- Team working – Must work in partnership with colleagues to achieve common goals. Should be willing to offer help and assistance to others and be understanding of others’ needs, in turn contributing to a positive team spirit.
- Management – Ability to persuade, mentor and guide a busy team, knowing when to step in and when to allow the team member to grow and make their own choices. Setting up succession planning and completing annual appraisals and being involved with recruitment of new team members when required.