Plan Zero Client Development Director
- 32 London Bridge St, London SE1 9SG, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
- Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
- Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
- Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
- Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
- Knowledge of relevant procedures
- Level of customer Service
- Team Player
- Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Mitie is seeing tremendous growth in our sustainable facilities and carbon management offerings. We want to accelerate bringing these offers to our top customers. We believe the next decade will be critical in our efforts towards addressing the climate emergency and our customers will address this with renewed vigour after this COVID crisis is past us. The Client Development Director will be part of the Plan Zero senior leadership team working with our client base and our strategic account teams to develop opportunities to accelerate progress towards defining and deploying Plan Zero activities.
Our projects and services under the Plan Zero umbrella of services will be sold at C-Level and top down. Clients need to see the big picture which we can deliver and then pick a piece or few pieces to trust us with. The Client Development Director will be part of a senior team responsible for building the trust and delivering these pieces of work to exceed client’s expectations.
It is anticipated the Client Development Director will spend at least 60% of their activities on work winning, 20% of their time ensuring work is delivered exceptionally for what they have sold, and 20% of the time on external brand building for Mitie. The Client Development Director will be 100% customer focused, blazing a trail on work winning.
- Volume of work won in assigned accounts
- External brand development actions
- Size of qualified pipeline of prospects/opportunities
Chief Financial Officer, Chief Procurement Officer, Chief Sustainability Officer, Chief Facilities/Real Estate Officer, Chief Engineering/Technical Officer, Chief Information Technology Officer
Plan Zero Capex Project Development Director, Specialist Business Development Lead, Strategic Account Managers, Account Directors, Managing Directors, Service Delivery Directors, Service Delivery Managers, Sales & Business Development Directors / Managers
- C-Level value proposition development. Works with strategy and marketing to develop our pitches and commercial for innovative commercial models
- C-Level prospecting presenting the full breadth of Mitie outcomes (safety, reliability, efficiency and sustainability, wellness)
- Lead C-Suite and senior level development workshops and solution development
- Able to also talk to Director Level with degree of detail on Sustainability and Plan Zero topics
- Leadership skills to drive an internal cross functional team to develop client specific proposition based on drivers and workshops
- Collaborates with and provides support and guidance to SAM/AM
- Continue engagement with SAM/AM and Client throughout to ensure work in all MITIE areas as applicable comes through
- Direct all opportunities
- Able to be a Mitie face of Plan Zero as a service to market and seen as industry thought leader
- Drive delivery teams to service excellence to ensure what is sold is delivered
- Ability to gain trust and commitment from senior leaders, to act and spend money with us
- Commercial acumen to structure creative deals, models, and pilots
- Ideally experience working at Sales Director, Account Director, Managing Director level in sustainability, energy management & carbon management businesses
- Able to deliver results in matrix environment
- Strong experience in developing detailed business cases selling and closing these deals with customers with a robust record of successfully delivered services and projects evidenced by continued repeat business
- Commercially experienced working within corporate governance and sign off environments
- Entrepreneurial in a corporate environment
- Able to develop high level program plans for multi-year investment
- Experience in speaking at industry forums and being part of industry bodies
Health and Safety responsibilities:
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.