Retail Elite Security Officer
- 6 Glover drive, London, United Kingdom
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Mitie has a great opportunity for a Retail Elite Security Officer to join the Total Security Management Team.
Retail Elite Security Officers must be available to cover various shift patterns as well as being flexible in their approach to working locations and potential changes to working patterns.
- To protect customers and colleagues from physical and verbal abuse, by providing a reassuring and professional security presence
- To provide a highly visible security presence which is easily identified by both customers and colleagues whilst providing an exceptional level of customer service.
- To proactively deter and prevent anti-social behaviour, theft and criminal activity
- Liaising with the store management, Police and other external agencies when required
- Utilising conflict resolution in order to diffuse difficult situations that may arise within the workplace
- Ensuring behaviours and situations that endanger the health and safety and wellbeing of colleagues, customers and fellow officers are identified and rectified in a timely manner in line with company policies
- To maximise the use of BWCCTV during confrontatial siuations
- Reporting to the Security Operations Manager – they must record, report and escalate all incidents and arrests using the process/system/technology as required throughout their shift.
- The elite security officer will need to be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude.
- Able to work on their own initiative.
- Retail Security experience.
- Flexible Approach to work to suit the business needs with an ability to work with different teams as required
- Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal.
- Capable in the use of technolgy
- The ability to identify triggers to conflict along with excellent mediation skills
- The ability to conduct yourself to high ethical standards
- Conflict resolution trained
- Frontline Door Supervision or Security Guarding License essential, CCTV Licence would be beneficial
- A Full UK Driving licence would be beneficial
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, tax-free childcare schemes and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work. A comprehensive training programme is in place to support personnel development
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. A more detailed job description will be available at interview should you be successful in your application. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.