Distribution Security Officers Sainsbury's
- Faraday Ave, Birmingham, UK
- Monday Start Time: 06:30
- Monday End Time: 18:30
- Tuesday Start Time: 06:30
- Tuesday End Time: 18:30
- Wednesday Start Time: 06:30
- Wednesday End Time: 18:30
- Thursday Start Time: 06:30
- Thursday End Time: 18:30
- Friday Start Time: 06:30
- Friday End Time: 18:30
- Saturday Start Time: 06:30
- Saturday End Time: 18:30
- Sunday Start Time: 06:30
- Sunday End Time: 18:30
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Mitie has a great opportunity for a Distribution Security Officer to join the Total Security Management Team.
Distribution Security Officers must be available to cover various shift patterns as well as being flexible in their approach to potential changes to working patterns.
- The distribution security officer will demonstrate their character as determined, trustworthy, attentive and approachable at all times when welcoming clients and visitors
- As the first point of contact for all customers and clients, the Distribution Security Officers must be geographically aware of their local surroundings.
- To create a safe working environment, free from crime and health & safety related issues for colleagues, contractors and visitors
- Respond to any on site incident or request for assistance and assume control until arrival of the Client, Emergency Services or Duty Manager
- To highlight all breaches of security procedures and internal crime/shrinkage
- To monitor the site fire, intruder and CCTV systems where appropriate
- Reports to the Security Team Manager – they must record, report and escalate all incidents and arrests using the process/system/technology as required throughout their shift.
- Support with access and egress to and from the site for both people and vehicles
- The distribution security officer will need to be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Distribution Security experience.
- Ability to effectively within a team in a fast-moving services business
- Capability in the use of technology
- Flexible Approach to work to suit the business needs.
- Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal.
- It is important the distribution security officer is calm under pressure.
- Understand the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
- Door Supervision or Security Guarding License essential, CCTV licence would be beneficial
- A Full UK Driving licence would be beneficial
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, tax-free childcare schemes and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
Note: This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.