Service Support Manager (SSM)
- 32 London Bridge Street, Southwark, London, SE1 9SG., London, London, United Kingdom
An individual’s belief in our values and behaviours is as important as their technical and/or professional know how which is why our Job Descriptions are written with these in mind.
· Managing a designated geographical area ensuring that the contract service delivery is of a high standard, meets the Client’s needs and is delivered in line with the budgets set.
· To assist the wider team in ensuring the site teams and all sub-contracts are managed and service levels and targets are met to meet the SLA’s and client business requirements.
· To keep close professional contact with clients and be able to ensure customer satisfaction
- To ensure accurate reporting within agreed deadlines and timescales.
· To understand the Service Level Agreement and Cleaning Specification to review performance of delivery in each contract to ensure the required standard is delivered for the client
- To complete RAG audit inspections within contracts that are considered at risk and failing to meet the required SLA as specified by the client. ( 25-30hrs weekly )
- To build relationships and rapour with each contract client within the geographical region, ensuring a meeting takes place with each client a minimum of once per month. ( Travel btw stores 20-25hrs )
- To recognise and identify the ability to quote for additional ad-hoc work for the client, passing details onto the relevant team or sub-contractor for quotation and ensuring a financial margin is achieved.
- To manage and implement the necessary weekly documents in line with policy at each site, including; next steps, periodic cleaning, staff attendance sheets, housekeeping logs.
- Ensure adequate delivery of Health and Safety and compliance ensuring all policies and procedures are aligned with Mitie QHSE team and the Client, ensuring all risks are mitigated efficiently and effectively.
- To observe all client and and company statutory fire and safety regulations to promote a safe working environment for all Mitie staff in a diligent manner.
- Ensure all QHSE site packs on each contract include the following which is reviewed annually and kept updated where appropriate; contract management plan, risk assessments, method statements, COSHH data sheets. ( 15-20hrs per week )
- Ensure the Mitie Lifeline and accident reporting procedure is enforced across all contracts and the relevant investigations and procedures are completed in a timely manner.
· To effectively lead and manage the operational teams taking responsibility for motivation, performance and empowerment of the team. ( 10-15hrs weekly )
· To manage poor performance in line with Mitie disciplinary procedure and ensure all HR related issues are reported to and liaised with the Human Resources Support Centre. ( 4-10hrs weekly )
· To ensure the probation review process is completed with all new starters. (40hrs per month)
· To manage all rota’s to ensure staffing levels are maintained at all times, with holidays and sickness covered and managed appropriately. (10-14hrs weekly )
· To carry out team briefs daily and team meetings monthly to ensure key messages to meet the business customer needs are met to satisfaction. (15-30hrs weekly )
· To complete the Mitie Appraisal process is followed with an annual MiReview setting employee SMART objectives. ( 30 -40hrs weekly )
· To recruit employee’s using the Mitie recruitment process and ensure staffing levels are maintained at the agreed level. (20-25hrs weekly )
· To complete new starter documentation and obtain the relevant Right To Work in line with corporate and legal process. ( 10-15hrs weekly )
· To ensure the Mitie Induction and Training is completed with each new starter and a record kept on file in the form of the training record card. ( 20hrs-40hrs weekly )
· To identify employee training and development needs, creating Performance Development Plans where applicable. (5hrs-10hrs weekly )
· To ensure Mitie employees abide by the personal hygiene and uniform policy at all times.
- To deal with any customer complaints or concerns within a timely and efficient manner to ensure the issue is fully investigated, with a robust action plan to rectify created, implemented and communicated back the client. ( 4-7hrs daily)
- To abide by all Mitie Fleet polices and ensure EDS mileage submissions are completed in a timely manner and to the required deadline (1-2hrs monthly )
- To understand the Mitie expenses policy and submit claims in accordance with policy
- Ensure the absence procedure is endorced and managed with direct reports, using the Bradford Factor process. (3-6hrs daily )
- Understand the client audit system “winaim” and how to obtain, view and utlisie reports from the system. (5-6hrs daily )
- Complete weekly Quality Assurance Reports as an action to plan to resolve a cleaning audits at sites below the KPI (1-3hrs weekly )
- Complete Repeat Failed Action Plan to identify the actions required to rectify attributes at a site considered at risk by consistently failing to achieve the KPI. (1-3hrs weekly )
- Ensure asset’s are well maintained and in good working condition, monitoring depreciation and submitting Capex for replacement where necessary.
- To ensure the completion of the four weekly payroll to ensure employees are paid to pin and submission is in a timely manner.
· Ensure that the service is delivered in line with the budget and that the financial and commercial targets are met.
· Demonstrate a commitment to and to work within the MITIE Core Values and conduct themselves in line with the Mitie Code of Conduct.
· To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required (10-20hrs weekly)
· To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
· Allocate the appropriate resources and ensure that the service is delivered effectively and efficiently to a high standard
· Ensure that the KPI’s for the contract are met in full
· Ensure that the services are delivered in line with the Clients timetabled requirements across the Region
· Ensure service delivery is in line with the governance structure set and that we are compliant and meet our with legal and statutory obligations, including monitoring all audits in line with the contract requirements
· Provide service delivery performance reports as requested
· Contribute and share best practice with the wider team and contract
Cover Mobile supervisors holiday and absence (40-50 hours per week)
· A significant level of management previous experience ideally in a Facilities Management environment and experience of managing soft services both self-delivered and sub-contracted as well as experience of managing contracts to KPI’s and SLA’s
· Financial acumen and commercial awareness
· Strong and effective communication skills, analytical thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills
· Strong customer/ client focused attitude
· Demonstrable decision making skills
· Ability to work collaboratively across different internal businesses to support, in a joined up fashion, the integrated service delivery model to the client
· Ability to build and maintain excellent relationship, internally and externally
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and motivate your team
· Drive for continuous improvements in service delivery
· Ensure that cleaning meets the required standards of the client
· Able to use own initiative
· Highly organised with excellent planning skills, efficient and effective
· Self-driven and determined
· Client focussed
· Ability to support the production of reports on service delivery performance
· Health and Safety Qualifiction IOSH desirable.
· Must be IT literate to use Mircosoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
· Basic written and verbal English to understand Health and Safety practices and communicate effectively with the client and request additional duties.