People Communications Business Partner
- 32 London Bridge St, London SE1 9SG, UK
About the team
The People Communications Business Partner will join a team of five people who are responsible for delivering communications and engagement activities across the Mitie Group. Mitie employs 47,500 people across the UK and Ireland. The nature of our business means that we have a large blue-collar, disconnected workforce, with over 35,000 people working on the frontline as key workers in roles such as cleaning operatives, security officers and maintenance engineers, to name a few.
Mitie is currently going through a period of immense change as we prepare to purchase Interserve’s facilities management business later this year. The merger will create the UK’s largest FM business, employing 77,500 people.
Our main priorities are to:
- Create a ‘Great Place to Work’ for our employees and drive employee engagement across the business
- Ensure our colleagues on the frontline feel informed, supported and recognised
- Support the business to deliver a successful business integration
- Communicate with and recognise our colleagues on the frontline
- Build a diverse and inclusive culture.
We have a newly created and exciting position for a People Communications Business Partner supporting our HR team. The role will support the delivery of the People plans and will be incredibly varied. The successful candidate will act as a strategic partner to the HR Leadership Team, offering sound counsel and advice and deliver people led campaigns that support the operational and business goals. The successful candidate will need to be confident in dealing with robust stakeholders, implementing and embedding communications and engagement campaigns, processes and activities, as well as over-seeing the group-wide recognition and Diversity & Inclusion programmes. The role is London based, however there will be a requirement to travel to other UK locations to build relationships with key stakeholders.
Job objectives and responsibilities
Objective: To act as a communications business partner to our HR team and support the internal communications team to own, create, and deliver exceptional people focussed engagement campaigns that underpin the business’s objectives and create a culture of engagement.
Work as part of the Mitie Group Internal Communications team to plan, create and deliver communications and engagement campaigns on all people related topics. Overall management of all Recognition Programmes including Long Service and Mitie Stars, to embed a culture of support, inclusion and recognition.
- Lead on all Diversity & Inclusion related initiatives to support Mitie’s Diversity & Inclusion strategy.
- Partner with our HR team to understand their needs and support them to deliver the overall People strategy.
- Build and maintain solid relationships with other key internal stakeholders to develop, coordinate, and facilitate targeted communications.
- Support with the day to day management of our internal communications channels, including our internal intranet and our extranet.
- Role model the Mitie behaviours to champion the Mitie culture.
- To create, coordinate and deliver communications and campaigns for all HR activities across all touchpoints of the employee lifecycle
- Draft and proof content to be used across all Mitie internal channels.
- Ensure accuracy of content and alignment to company tone of voice and brand.
- Support the Internal Communications team to deliver Group Communications campaigns on both a planned and proactive basis.
- Use digital tools, social media and technology to create engaging content which supports the communications activities.
- Proactively engage with the activities of the organisation to promote best practice with excellent clear and consistent communications, which help to embed the culture of Mitie.
- Support the Internal Communications Manager to improve our communications reach to our frontline workforce.
- Work alongside the wider communications network to promote key messages, campaigns and embed our values.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience working closely with HR teams to deliver people focussed communications campaigns.
- Self-starter, adaptable and focused.
- Ability to draft communications from scratch to an exceptionally high standard.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to proofread.
- A team player that enjoys new challenges, including creatively thinking about solutions to problems, often with limited budget or resources.
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and use own initiative.
- Must have a passion for internal communications and employee engagement.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Keen eye for design and ability to create engaging content.
- Ability to work in complex environments and can create creative, engaging solutions that support the business requirements.
- Experienced in delivering change communications.
- Experience working in a large, complex matrixed organisation.
- Proficient in SharePoint.
- Design experience.
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times.
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment.
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received.
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system.
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;