QHSE and Compliance Manager
- London Bridge St, London SE1, UK
Mitie is one of the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company. We specialise in strategic outsourcing and energy services, bringing together the expertise and capabilities to ensure our clients achieve their organisational goals. Our specialist skills and knowledge are driven by market expertise, and we understand that all our markets have a unique set of requirements, constantly responding to what is happening around us.
Contract length: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £42,000 - £46,000 annually
We are currently seeking a QHSE & Compliance Manager based in London which may include travel around the South East area. You will be responsible for acting as QHSE and Compliance expert and advisor for all activities across all sites.
Your new role will involve the following:
- To ensure all sites are statutory compliant, technically compliant and are operated safely in accordance with HSAW 1974
- To advise client and client management on statutory and technical compliance and on all aspects of QHSE
- To ensure all assets are managed correctly
- Ensure employees work in a safe and diligent manner
- To ensure all staff comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- To arrange and/or deliver QHSE and compliance training
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
- Carry out investigations into near misses, accidents and H&S breaches and produce detailed reports
What we can offer you:
- Core Benefits – Holiday Entitlement, Pension contributions and discount through MiDeals which can give you discounts and savings at over 850 high street retailers.
- Voluntary Benefits – Cycle to work, Extra Holidays, Share Incentive Plan, Save as you Earn Scheme as well as numerous other benefits.
- Recognition and Wellbeing initiatives such as Mitie Stars, long service awards and our Employee Assistance Programme.
- The QHSE & Compliance manager will need to hold a technical qualification or background and experience of working in a technical environment
- NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health or equivalent, ideally at diploma level.
- Sufficient experience of operational and senior QHSE management
- Internal Auditor qualification and auditing experience