Clinical Lead Paramedic
- West Mercia & Warwickshire Custody Suites, Birmingham, gb
Care & Custody, A Mitie Company work in partnership with 12 National Police Forces, to pro-actively reduce re-offending and care for detainees in police custody. We are looking for exceptional people to join our teams where you can become a key member of a highly respected organisation.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Clinical Lead Paramedic
We are currently looking for a Clinical Lead to join our existing Custody team for our West Mercia & Warwickshire Police contract.
Salary - £60,000, raising to £70,000 at the end of year 2 once all necessary requirements have been met.
Main roles & responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support the maintenance of Clinical Governance policies and procedures set by the National Clinical Governance Committee within the contract. This underpins the management of all clinical risks arising from service delivery of health-related contracts.
- Develop and support the maintenance of appropriate clinical risk assessments being carried out at regular intervals and audits of services & procedures to achieve continuous service improvement within the contract
- Ensure that the contract has appropriate induction and competency completion policies in place and that they are complied with.
- Ensure systems are in place for the checking of professional registration, indemnity, appraisal completion and re-accreditation for all clinical grades.
- Implement clinical protocols and operating procedures produced by the National Clinical Governance Committee.
- Manage all aspects of performance in relation to Local Clinical Lead delivery.
- Advise the Contract Manager on all clinical issues affecting the delivery of contracts.
- Act as an ambassador for Care & Custody (Health) when carrying out all duties.
- Job description available with full requirements
- An experienced Senior Health Care Professional with several years of custody experience
- Registration with the HCPC with no restrictions on practice.
- Relevant post-graduate qualification.
- Have been continuously resident in the UK for at least 36 months.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Competent in oral and written English.
- Demonstrable skills in people management, leadership and managing change at a senior level.
- Experience in clinical education
- Experience and/or qualification in conducting appraisals
- Ability to teach and train is expected
- Research and publication skills
Benefits - What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- 5% enhanced employer contribution pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Company Sick Pay
- Staff benefit scheme 200+ exclusive perks and discounts from leading retailers and leisure outlets