Technical Cleaning Operative
- 13-16 Queen Elizabeth Street, London, Surrey, United Kingdom
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
- To carry out periodic & reactive specialist cleaning on client premises ranging from manufacturing facilities, warehouses, processing plants, office buildings, retail outlets, residential buildings, schools and hospitals. This will include in instances as required by the buisness to carry out reactive works on weekends
- To include but not limited to high level cleaning, kitchen deep cleaning, washroom and toilet deep cleaning, carpet & upholstery cleaning, hard floor cleaning and maintenance, steam & pressure jetting service.
- Working alone or as part of a team providing 365 cover on a variety of shift patterns to include days, nights and weekends.
- To complete all documentation (as required) on all tasks undertaken to include detail of findings and completion of task to include before and after photos as necessary.
- Report on a daily/shift basis to person of authority.
- Record all visits to customers premises on hand held android device.
- To attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Any other ‘ad hoc’ duties as required by the needs of the business.
- Qualified in PASMA, IPAF, CSCS cards.
- Guano training.
- Petrol forecourt cleaning, high level deep cleans, Kitchen Deep Cleaning & Ducting / Floor periodic work for both stone/hard floor and Carpet Care deep cleans .
- Highly efficient and experienced in the use of machinery - working with chemicals / COSHH.
- Must have a UK driving license.
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
As required you may be required to help and assist with reactive works on weekends as we cover the LBG reactive works on 24/7 basis