Security Shift Manager
- Cabot Circus Shopping Centre, Bristol, United Kingdom
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Mitie has a great opportunity in Cabot Circus, Bristol. We are looking for an experienced Security Shift Manager to join the team on site, you will take a lead role on site on a daily basis. Your shift pattern will be discussed at interview with a pay rate of £12.33. You will report into the sites Security Contracts Manager.
The Security Shift Manager will provide exceptional leadership and direction in the management of the Security Team which is responsible for supporting and managing all centre operations during retailer trading hours. To provide clear and timely communication to all within the centre and management on key issues that affect the business operation and customer service delivery. Ensure that the interests of Hammerson, their guests and retailers are fully protected at all times and conduct yourself accordingly, as their representative
The Security Shift Manager will be responsible for the ‘live’ operation of the Mitie Security Team that manages the essential functions of;
- All common and public areas of the shopping centre
- Emergency and evacuation procedures
- Health safety & welfare of security personnel
- Incidents that affect Centre Operations
- Building security and safety
- Leadership and direction to security personnel on duty to ensure all issues are dealt with correctly and within a timely manner
Provide timely and effective communication to all within the business including and up to the centre management team and Mitie management on;
- Incidents that occur on or effect the centre
- Serious incident tracking and management
- Officer misconduct
- Ensure all incidents are logged and managed effectively through to completion
- Manage all incidents / accidents and investigate and report accordingly
- Liaise and build relationships with retailers and other suppliers
- Manage the daily security personnel deployment
- Manage officer allocation during events
- Provide senior management support outside of core hours, as and when requested
- Cooperating with the DC in relation to Safeguard completion requirements
- Manage and oversee the centre Lock Down / Un-lock
- Ensure the completion of weekly audits on all Security activities within the centre and associated requirements ranging from Equipment checks to Retail Compliance
- To be fully conversant with the methods of working of all equipment and to ensure that it is of a standard and quality commensurate with the requirements of the centre
- Ensure that complete and updated Assignment Instructions and SOP’s are being followed. Where this is not the case ensure that corrective actions are raised accordingly
- Ensure standards of dress, safety and presentation are maintained within the centre Mitie team at all times
- Provide continued training and coaching to all staff members to enhance performance and provide job enrichment
- Ensure that all staff are site trained and have signed the Assignment Instructions
- To assist in the recruitment process of new staff for the centre security team
- Handle all day to day enquiries which arise from whatever source in respect of the daily operation of the security of the centre.
- To develop and maintain good working relations with applicable local agencies and services.
- Any other reasonable request from management or client.
- Strong customer service skills
- SIA Licence (DS/CCTV) applicable to the role
- Good verbal and written skills, to produce reports, incidents and presentations
- IT Literate
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent analytical skills to critically evaluate the information gathered and prioritise activity and ongoing communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills, to liaise with security officers, managers and directors
- Commercial awareness of cost implication for decision making implications
- Strong influencing skills to achieve business objectives
- Resourceful and creative, able to deliver proactive initiatives
- Of smart and professional appearance
- Previous Supervisory or management experience
- Proven track record working towards KPI’s and SLA’s
- Effective people management skills
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work. A comprehensive training programme in place to support personnel development
Note: This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. A more detailed job description will be available at interview should you be successful in your application. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.