Plumbing / HVAC Technician - Shift Work
- Canton Ln, Birmingham B46, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
o We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
o We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
o We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
o Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
o Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant proceedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
• The day to day operation & maintenance of mechanical services in line with KPI’s and SLA’s and the Maintenance Model for Preventative Maintenance
• Maintain all Mechanical equipment within the building
• Carry out plumbing and pipework repairs.
• Carry out minor fabric repairs when required
• Procure materials and equipment to carry out works
• To organise and supervise sub-contractor as and when required
• Ensuring that all Statutory and Legislative requirements are achieved/adhered to for the site
• Attend to reactive calls in line with KPI’s and SLA’s
• Communication with Helpdesk on site team and clients
• Identification & reporting of any electrical/engineering issues or faults, which will have a detrimental effect on the building environment & will require action by the maintenance team
• Timely completion of all required paperwork including work record sheets, Risk Assessments, Method Statements & Permits to Work and accurate timesheets
• To ensure the company Health and Safety policy is adhered to
• To ensure compliance with the MITIE Quality Management System (BMS) as it applies to this position
• To adhere to all policies & procedures detailed in the MITIE employee handbook & that of the client’s working environment
• To partake in the site rota as required
• To partake in a call out rota as required
• To partake in a Race Weekend rota as required
• Assist in logistical moves
• To work from height using appropriate safety systems
• To carry out lift entrapment release when required
• Be available to carry out necessary works outside normal hours.
• Be available to attend in emergency situations
• Carry out instructions as necessary, on any additional works or specific requirements generated through client’s representative & liaise with management & client accordingly
• Appropriate Trade qualifications for work undertaken
• Hold an IPAF licence including harness training
• Be competent in driving a forklift truck
• PASMA trained
• Lift entrapment training
• L8 Awareness
• Technically astute
• Self Motivated and able to work under own initiative
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Able to work individually or as part of a team
Health and Safety responsibilities
• Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.