Multi Skilled Electrical Engineer (Climber)
- Manchester / Liverpool area, Manchester/Liverpool, United Kingdom
Our Client is one of the UK's largest Facilities Management companies, who are committed to delivering high quality services. Operating in and around the UK, we take care of our customers’ people and buildings, by delivering the basics brilliantly and by deploying advanced technology. Due to strong business demands, our client is seeking an Multi Skilled Electrical Engineer (climber) to join their growing and dynamic team located in Manchester/Liverpool area.
Contract length: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £28,500 - £30,000 annually
You will be expected to undertake routine Planned Preventative Maintenance tasks on Telecoms sites. Your work includes both “At Height” checks and ground level maintenance of cabin and compound and to undertake minor reactive maintenance work and electrical repairs as necessary.
- Core Benefits – Holiday Entitlement, Pension contributions and discounts and savings at over 850 high street retailers.
- Voluntary Benefits – Cycle to work, Extra Holidays, Share Incentive Plan, Save as you Earn Scheme as well as numerous other benefits.
- Recognition and Wellbeing initiatives such as long service awards.
- Ability to climb and work safely at heights
- Experience working within the mobile telecommunications industry
- A Full UK driving license
- C&G 2361 Part 1 & 2, C&G 18th Edition or C&G 2391 Electrical Inspection and Testing
- Ability to undertake all facets of maintenance and installation requirements.
The following training is also required for this role –
- RF Awareness Certification
- Advanced Climbing Certification
- Rooftop Safety Awareness
- Manual Handling
- Asbestos Awareness
- First Aid at Height
- Climbing Aptitude
- Tower Rescue
- First Aid at Work Certification
- Ladder Safety
- Fitness to Climb Medical Certificate
- Latchway certification qualifications desirable
Please note, if you’re not already qualified, you will be put through training to reach an approved standard to work safely at height and/or on climbable structures.
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.