Retail Security Officer - £10.15
- Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
TSM Mitie has a great opportunity for Retail Security Officer to work at our site based in Cambridge, CB5. Working at this location will allow the successful candidate to enjoy discounted benefits whilst gaining high quality experience within the security industry. Full training and a quality induction is provided for the successful candidate.
Paying £10.15 Per Hour for guaranteed 45 hours per week, this role would be ideal for a security professional who has a customer service orientated approach; looking to further their working experience within a retail security environment.
- Acting as a visual deterrent on the shop floor – able to deter and when required safely detain offenders in accordance with H&S training, ZAP, ASCONE
- Utilising the store security systems, CCTV, EAS gates, etc, to support the security activity.
- Investigating any losses, empty packaging, support enquiries regarding known offenders.
- Reporting incidents to Crime Centre on a company provided device
- Completing routine patrols of the store to ensure customer safety and maintaining a strong security presence
- Recording completed patrols in daily activity sheets in liaison with the store point of contact.
- Completing full and accurate incident reports and company documentation
- Attending the store briefings to provide a security update.
- Conducting shift handover procedures at the start and end of each shift to ensure all matters of concern or note occurring during a shift are passed on for the purposes of service and incident management continuity.
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment for all. You will report into the operations manager
- Unrestricted right to work full time in the UK for a minimum period of 12 months
- Door Supervision or Security Guarding License essential.
- Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal.
- Have a five - year check able employment history or be able to produce documentary evidence of any period of unemployment, self- employment or full and part time education during that period
- Understand the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
- Previous experience of working in a retail Security role
- Pension Scheme
- Company rewards and benefits, including leading retailer discounts
- 20% Discount card from client (subject to policy)
- Cycle to work scheme
- 28 days holiday
- Company device provided
- Free uniform
- Free SIA Renewal
- Free access to training
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, tax-free childcare schemes and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work. A comprehensive training programme in place to support personnel development
Note: This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. A more detailed job description will be available at interview should you be successful in your application. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.