Shift Electrical Engineer
- Eastern By-Pass Rd, Littlemore, Oxford, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
- To be responsible to undertake all electrical works within the Area in an efficient and safe manner, with repairs undertaken as appropriate.
- To ensure all planned maintenance is carried out in line with its scheduled date.
- To ensure the company Health and Safety policy is adhered to.
- To ensure compliance with the MITIE Maintenance Business Management System as it applies to this position
- To ensure that all equipment and services are maintained and operated in a safe condition to comply with Health & Safety
- To monitor regular inspection procedures (preventative maintenance programme) of equipment. Record inspection reports
- To keep logs of inspection reports and remedial work
- To have working knowledge of statutory regulations and to ensure awareness of all safety procedures
- To undertake electrical repairs and installations as appropriate
- To report any defects at time of service visit
- To carry out works specified
- To be responsible for vehicle and materials on board
- To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time
- To understand and comply with policies and procedures
- To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
- To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
- City and Guilds 2360 Parts 1 & 2 qualification or equivalent
- IEE 17th/18th Edition Regulations
- Experience in dealing with all types of electrical installation work, within the services sector
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and safe working practices
- Strong customer care focus
- Be proactive and capable of anticipating potential faults
- Full driving licence
- Able to work at heights of up to 3 metres and lift weights of up to 25kg