Receptionist 10 hours per week, £8.72 p.h
- Stockton, Stockton, United Kingdom
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
o We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
o We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
o We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
o Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
o Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Job objectives and responsibilities
· To perform reception, administration, organisational and secretarial duties efficiently and effectively on behalf of the building in which you are located
· To help facilitate the through flow of personnel by managing access via the building entrance
· Ideally the job holder will be fully conversant with Microsoft word, excel and powerpoint
· To maintain a tidy and efficient reception area, providing a prompt a courteous reception for visitors, telephone callers and other staff
· Handling phone calls and distributing/taking messages as appropriate
· Sorting incoming mail and distributing accordingly
· Sorting, packaging and franking outgoing mail including special/recorded delivery and couriers
· Ensure franking machine is working and in credit
· Distribution of weekly notices (H&S, announcements etc.), including maintenance of notice boards
· Ensure all marketing literature in reception is kept current
· Organising and monitoring allocation of car parking spaces for staff and visitors
· Coordinate and correspond with site cleaners
· Assist with operational reports
· Be flexible enough to undertake other reasonable duties and ad hoc projects as requested in order to accommodate operational requirement
· Friendly and approachable
· Professional at all times
· Smart appearance
· Able to prioritise own workload
· Able to work to deadlines
· IT literate
· Excellent telephone manner
· Prompt and reliable
Health and Safety responsibilities
• Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
• Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
• Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
• Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.