Cleaning Operative (6 month Secondment) Night Shift
- Sky, Alba Centre, Alba Business Park, Livingston, United Kingdom
Delivering the exceptional, every day
- Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
- Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
- Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
- Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie
- We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
This role will be based on Sky sites and part of the Property Service Group. In addition to the above, our values at Property Service Group (PSG) are:
- We believe in building a better tomorrow, always working to deliver a perpetually improving 5 Star Experience
- We believe in new ideas and in making them happen, working smartly to make the most of our resources
- We believe in acting as a valued partner, making things better and simpler for our colleagues
- We believe we are better when we all work together as one team, where it is easy to be yourself and at your best
- We believe in always doing the right thing
Shift Pattern: Nights - Sunday to Thursday or Wednesday to Sunday
- Ensure all equipment is kept clean, well maintained and is a safe working order, i.e. PAT Tested, etc.
- Have full knowledge and understanding of the designated cleaning area, including the agreed work to be carried out and time allocated to the area.
- Maintain the designated area to an agreed level of cleanliness in line with the Contract and relevant contractual standards, carrying out all daily, weekly and periodic tasks as directed by the Cleaning Supervisor.
- Have a full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and approved chemicals used within the premises and to attend all necessary training to be able to use this equipment.
- To comply with the requirements of Health & Safety, other relevant legislation and premises policies.
- PIN in on arrival at site and on completion of work.
- Use products carefully and look after equipment
- Report any maintenance issues to the Cleaning Supervisor.
- Understand and observe MITIE and Client site rules at all times.
- Ensure uniform is clean and tidy
- Shoes must be fully covered with tread and appropriate for the requirements of the role. Minimal jewellery to be worn for health and safety reasons (note - wedding ring and studs earrings are acceptable).
- To wear protective clothing (PPE) as issued.
- Ensure all relevant safety signs (such as Wet Floor Warning Signs) are used correctly and appropriately at all times
- To observe all Company and Client statutory fire and safety regulations and to promote good safety habits and methods of work.
- To deal with any complaints that fall within the job holder’s duties and report these immediately to the Cleaning Supervisor/Service Support Manager.
- Perform miscellaneous cleaning duties as apparent or as instructed by the Cleaning Supervisor.
- To undertake any other related duties which are within the job holder’s capability, according to the needs of the business and as directed by the Line Manager.
- Must be able to complete an Enhanced Disclosure in line with the Contract requirements.
- Must be able to work the shift pattern discussed.
- Have a flexible approach to the role.
- This secondment is intended to last a period of 6 months.
- There will be no changes to pay or benefits throughout the period of secondment
- This position is working day shift Monday to Friday.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.