Cleaning Operative, 10 hours per week, £9.30 p.h
- Kirkintilloch, Kirkintilloch, United Kingdom
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
- Mon-Fri, 2 hours per day. Key holder. Early morning or early evening.
- Work within the Cleaning Services Team, carrying out duties effectively and efficiently in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Follow the Company’s Health, Safety and Quality procedures within the course of the role.
- Ensure all equipment is kept clean, well maintained and is a safe working order, i.e. PAT Tested, etc.
- Have an understanding of the designated cleaning area, including the agreed work to be carried out and time allocated to the area.
- Prepared to undergo training on all cleaning equipment, materials and approved chemicals used within the premises.
- To comply with the requirements of Health & Safety, other relevant legislation and premises policies.
- To wear protective clothing (PPE) as issued.
- To report complaints from clients immediately to the Cleaning Supervisor/Service Support Manager.
- Perform miscellaneous cleaning duties as instructed by the Cleaning Supervisor.
- Must be able to work the shift pattern discussed.
- Have a flexible approach to the role.
Health and Safety responsibilities:
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.