Mechanical Engineer (Multi-skilled)
- Raynesway, Alvaston, Derby, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Job objectives and responsibilities
- PPM and maintenance of heating plant, pipework, valves, pumps, heater batteries etc
- Reactive breakdown repairs of heating plant, pipework, valves, pumps, heater batteries etc
- Small installation/replacement of pumps, valves, calorifiers, pipework, heating plant, heater batteries etc
- HVAC experience
- Minor Building Fabric repairs
- On call on a rotating schedule
- To safely and efficiently install, maintain and repair plant and equipment
- To carry out diagnostic and fault finding
- To carry out routine servicing and commissioning to plant
- Maintain plant, PPM, personal and vehicle records
- To identify areas for additional works within and out of the specified contractual requirements
- To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time
- To understand and comply with policies and procedures
- To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
- To comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
- Need strong mechanical background for maintenance, including steam, compressed air, pressure systems knowledge and experience.
- Educated to a minimum of City and Guilds (or equivalent) but should preferably have an HNC (or equivalent).
- Should have served time as an apprenticeship or followed a recognised formal training programme and gained additional experience in a related industry environment.
- Full driving licence
- Able to cope under pressure.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver tasks in a timly manner
- Calm and logical approach to reactive breakdown
- Good understanding of communication system and Microsoft office software
- Ability to offer solutions to challenges.
- Obtain and retain SC clearance and blue badge status