Multi-skilled Engineer (Mechanical Bias)
- Raynesway, Alvaston, Derby, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Job objectives and responsibilities
- PPM and maintenance of heating plant, pipework, valves, pumps, heater batteries etc
- Reactive breakdown repairs of heating plant, pipework, valves, pumps, heater batteries etc
- Small installation/replacement of pumps, valves, calorifiers, pipework, heating plant, heater batteries etc
- HVAC experience
- Minor Building Fabric repairs
- On call on a rotating schedule
- To safely and efficiently install, maintain and repair plant and equipment
- To carry out diagnostic and fault finding
- To carry out routine servicing and commissioning to plant
- Maintain plant, PPM, personal and vehicle records
- To identify areas for additional works within and out of the specified contractual requirements
- To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time
- To understand and comply with policies and procedures
- To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
- To comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
- Need strong mechanical background for maintenance, including steam, compressed air, pressure systems knowledge and experience.
- Educated to a minimum of City and Guilds (or equivalent) but should preferably have an HNC (or equivalent).
- Should have served time as an apprenticeship or followed a recognised formal training programme and gained additional experience in a related industry environment.
- Full driving licence
- Able to cope under pressure.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver tasks in a timly manner
- Calm and logical approach to reactive breakdown
- Good understanding of communication system and Microsoft office software
- Ability to offer solutions to challenges.
- Obtain and retain SC clearance and blue badge status
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.