- LBG Copley D/C Wakefield Road, Halifax, United Kingdom
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Job objectives and responsibilities
· Ensure all contractual commitments are honoured and if there is any failure be the first to advise the Account Manager. Any complaints must be logged in accordance with the quality system and reported to the Account Manager in a timely and effective manner – these must be logged as required on the assignment.
Training and development
· In support of the Account Manager, monitor security officer’s performance and report any concerns to the Account Manager in a timely fashion.
· Support the Account Manager in providing and monitoring site training.
Managerial/ work performance
· Manage security and emergency incidents
· Ensure the correct and appropriate operation of security systems and procedures are adhered to
· Constantly assessing risk and taking appropriate measures to deal with that risk
· Manage the staff on site to ensure that the operational delivery of the service is maintained to the highest agreed standard and to the complete satisfaction of the client. All issues need to be raised with the Account Manager in a timely fashion.
· Provide assistance to all staff that have welfare requirements – report to the Account Manager in a timely fashion.
· Leading in implementing customer corporate policies
· Manage security and emergency incidents
· Support the organisation in any way deemed necessary as required by the Account Manager.
· Provide the assurance of a professional and high quality security operation.
· Liaise closely with the Account Manager to ensure that they are aware of any changing requirements of the contract.
· Provide information on activity on site relevant to the teams performance, on-going issues and future development opportunities to the Account Manager in a timely fashion.
· Make sure that all site assignment instructions must be adhered to by the security team
Set and maintain the highest personal and professional standards as an employee of MITIE and adopt a total quality approach to every aspect of your work, colleagues and clients.
· Trustworthy & Reliable
· Good time keeping
· Team player
· Well presented
· Good interpersonal skills
· Can work under pressure
· Hold of full UK Driving Licence
· Physically fit
· Knowledge of and ability to use computer systems
· Proficient in written and oral communication skills and IT literate/ competent
· Leadership skills, ability to influence, motivate and liaise with others
· Disciplined/ professional attitude
· Ability to work within established procedures and to contribute positively to any improvements
· Ability to listen and demonstrate creative thinking skills
Ability to deal with and control an emergency situation
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.