Cleaning Site Manager
- Braunston Rd, Daventry NN11, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week
Shift Pattern: Monday - Friday
Manage operations – maintain quality of service to customers
- Weekly auditing of the site
- Staff training and record keeping
- Managing and developing relationships other service lines and own team
- Implementing change as and when requested by the client
- Leading lean operations throughout the sites
- Create and develop effective relationships with key customers.
- Understanding of potential failings, and learning’s
- Maintain and expand customer expectations to meet business objectives
- Carry out site walks with customers. building relationships.
- Identify and negotiate continuous improvements with customers, staff and suppliers.
Manage finance – control resources to achieve quality of service whilst keeping within the budget
- Allocate budgets for expenditure against contract value and service agreement. Allocate annual budget and agree targets with National Account Manager/ Regional Operations Manager.
- Monitor P&L account addressing poorly performing areas of concern.
- Ensure any cost changes improve financial position.
Manage people – recruit, lead and develop the team
- Strategically select immediate subordinates using standard company procedures ensuring clear line of succession planning is in place.
- Ensure appropriate inductions are carried out and development plans are in place.
- Apply the company’s safety management system in line with MC(D)05.
- Advise site personnel about employment law, health and safety legislation/ regulations.
- Appraise performance of immediate subordinates against agreed objectives.
- Implement training identified through appraisal.
- Enforce and monitor disciplinary and grievance practices in own branch in accordance with staff handbook and starter form.
- Liaise with Trade Unions if necessary.
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work:
- Pension - We offer two pensions schemes - Scottish Widows and People Pension, so you can save money each month while you’re working and look forwards to a comfortable retirement.
- Mitie Stars is part of our reward package – it’s our employee recognition scheme, the overall winner takes home a dream prize of their choice worth up to £15,000.
- MiDeals: Is our employee discount portal that provides fantastic savings at all our favourite high street stores. We've also negotiated additional discounts with some of our big-name suppliers, which are of great use to our employees
Skills / Experience /Competency required:
- Cleaning manager experience required.
- Full training will be given
- English – communicative level
- Cleaning experience preferred although training will be given
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work to set schedules and on own initiative
- Flexibility essential in workload and possibly hours if needed
- Work both pro-actively and re-actively
- Undertake variety of tasks that are within this role, both internal and external
- knowledge & understanding of health and safety policies
- Analytical, demonstrating attention to detail in all elements of work
- IT literate
- Confident in writing and delivering contractual reports
- Focused and able to demonstrate commitment to delivering within timescales
- Tenacious and determined to achieve team targets
- Flexible to change allowing business improvement
- Able to motivate and develop others within the business
- Able to identify talent for the future
Health and Safety responsibilities:
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.