- HMP YOI, Western Way, London, United Kingdom
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Salary: £28,000 - £30, 000
Working hours: Start time are 0800hrs to 1700hrs Monday to Friday – but there is a requirement to cover weekends on a rota basis every six weeks and to have a Thursday & Friday off (no additional payment is made for this).
- Safely and efficiently, install, maintain and repair plant and equipment on site.
- Carry out routine planned preventative maintenance on plant and equipment.
- Carry out reactive work as required.
- Escort sub-contractors ensuring all security requirements are met.
- Attend site meetings and training as required.
- Assist other Mitie disciplines as required.
- Obey Mitie and client rules.
- Undertakes additional duties within your capabilities as required.
- Complete required paperwork in a timely and legible manner.
- Mechanical city & guilds 6035
- Mechanical city & guilds 6129
- Apprenticeship or equivalent
- NVQ level 2+
- L8 awareness / water regulations awareness
- Knowledge of health and safety / safe working practices.
- Experience of building maintenance an advantage.
- Able to work on their own.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong customer care focus.
- Must be able to work in a prison environment.
- Maintain a high standard of discipline and dress.
Health and Safety responsibilities:
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.