In Country Escorting - Detainee Custody Officer for Luton Airport
- Luton Holding Rooms, Luton, United Kingdom
Are you looking for a new role where you can genuinely make a difference to people’s lives?
Care & Custody is one of the leading providers of outsourced public services in the UK. We’re looking for respectful, diligent and caring people to join our team of In country Detainee Custody Officers (ICE DCO).
Our philosophy is all about delivering brilliant service to the people in our care and creating great training, development and career opportunities for the people we employ. We will support you every step of the way, developing your skills to professionally deliver this rewarding, sometimes challenging role with integrity and respect.
Detainee Custody Officer - Luton Holding Rooms
Working as a DCO within our team will provide you with the opportunity to maintain high standards of security and safety whilst promoting the welfare and decency of detainees staying at our immigration removal centre. This is a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same. As you gain experience within this challenging role, we’ll support you throughout your time to grow and develop.
The role is as a fixed base DCO will be to maintain the safety and welfare of Detainees within Luton Airport Holding Rooms
- Salary £25,509 per annum contractual hours 42
- Fixed Shift Pattern provided in advance
- Full flexibility will be required as this is a 24- hour service, 365 days a year. Your rolling shift pattern will cover both days and nights
Who we’re looking for
Being a Detainee Custody Officer demands the people’s skills, patience, resilience and professionalism to handle an ever-changing day. Our people come from a variety of backgrounds, you will have the communication and interpersonal skills to support colleagues, work together in teams and deliver an exceptional service to our detainees. Previous experience of dealing with sensitively in a wide variety of people who have been agitated, confused or angry would be an advantage. Excellent problem-solving skills in addition to having the ability to keep calm under pressure will be key to developing your Care & Custody career.
Once you have passed our selection and vetting process, you’ll begin your Care & Custody career completing a 6-week initial training course (ITC), continuing your development over the next 12 months with on the job mentoring and assessments to gain our accredited Level 3 apprenticeship in Detention and Custody.
- Accredited Level 3 apprenticeship in Detention and Custody after your initial 13 -month period
- Continued personal development with full support given to enhance your career
- Ability to achieve a work/life balance
- A benefits package including options of a pension scheme and life cover
- Voluntary benefits include share options cycle to work save as you earn and salary finance
- Partner discounts at your favourite retailers, leisure and utilities companies
Please note that all offers of employment are subject to security clearance and enhanced background checks.
7 week ITC
*Hotel options can be offered dependant on individual circumstances