- 2 Prince's Way, Solihull B91 3ES, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Mitie has a great opportunity in Solihull . We are looking for someone to join the team on site. The role is full time and will offer a shift Pattern of Monday to Friday 7.30am - 16.30pm., with a Salary of £19,344 pa.
- Facilitate the delivery of all workplace related services particularly those covered under DM within your area whilst ensuring customer requirements are met and their needs are anticipated at all times
- Pro-active approach to inspecting the site on a daily basis, completing first fixes and raising jobs for any further work ensuring that all tasks are completed within SLA and H&S guidelines
- A flexible approach to facilities services management in accordance with the Company and Client requirements that may prevail from time to time
- Support the successful delivery of an agile workplace, carry out data collection across the site when required to establish usage for an improved work space
- Install posters, signage and boards throughout the site as requested by Internal Comms
- Open, scan and sort external mail and distribute to correct mail points on site
- Distribute internal mail received from the couriers to the correct departments and pigeonholes. Receive and distribute deliveries for npower staff
- Sort, frank, log and post any external mail and prepare internal mail for distribution via courier
- Ability to use all photocopiers provided to npower and be able to replenish paper, carry out "first fixes" and replace toner cartridges
- Monitor toner and paper levels via the internet system to prevent jobs being logged for replacement
- General duties incorporating porterage, escorting contractors, concierge role, site cleanliness and tidiness and proactive approach to facilities services provision
- Support Mitie colleagues in carrying out minor handyman duties, where trained to do so, within H&S guidelines and if workload permits
- Ensure Business Services Manager and site FM are aware of all jobs completed and you are completing job sheets accurately and closing jobs within SLA's
- Engage with Workplace Development team to ensure consistent messaging to site, improvements are made and lessons learnt
- Engage with all service provider partners to ensure a collaborative and efficient approach and a swift response to all service requests. This will require continual communication within the onsite Facilities team in addition to keeping the customer up to date at all times. Provide cover for all service lines when required
- Full responsibility for regularly updating npower colleagues, face to face, on progress of tasks being carried out which have been reported by them and seeking their comments and feedback as and when appropiate
- Proactive "visual maintenance" of communal floor areas, including break out areas, staircases, vending areas, hot desk areas, touch down areas and copy areas, engaging with the relevant members of the facilities team as appropiate
- Take full ownership of all aspects of meeting rooms, including housekeeping, conference phones, AV equipment, flipcharts and pens, layout, fabric and environment in preparation and after meetings have taken place
- Testing of conference phones once a week and the AV equipment once a month
- Report issues through the 24/7 Helpdesk as and when they occur, ensuring that all service requests reported are monitored and completed satisfactorily within your area and within the agreed SLA's
- Report any hazards, near misses, areas of concern or any unsafe working to the FM on site and 24/7 Helpdesk, ensuring Quality, H&S and Environmental is at the forefront of everything you do
- Adhere to Mitie's Quality, H&S and Environmental policies and procedures on site
- Complete weekly fire Alarm checks when requested
- Carry out inspections and audits ensuring that all Quality, H&S, COSHH and Environmental standards and requirements are met
- Adhere to any reasonable management requests from Line Manager and FM on site
- Install seasonal decorations as required by npower
- Be willing to be trained across the full range of DM and IFM services provided to npower
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to H&S or the environment
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line Manager and/or via your divisional incident reporting system
- Must have previous experience in high quality Customer Service and IFM service delivery and Helpdesk processes
- Clear, confident communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people both written and verbal
- Team player with an enthusiastic attitude and pro active approach
- Self-motivated and creative
- Analytical thinker with demonstrable problem solving skills
- Good relationship and stakeholder management
- Good time keeping
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload and ability to motivate self and work on own initiative
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of H&S issues pertaining the workplace - IOSH would be advantageous but not essential
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.