Fork Lift Truck and Waste Operative (Permanent Contract)
- Waver Way, Rugby CV23, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Salary: Day Shift £10.03; Night Shift £10.53
Hours: 34 Hours Per Week
Shift Pattern: 4 on 4 off
- Work within the Cleaning & Waste Services Team, carrying out duties effectively and efficiently in accordance with contractual requirements.
- To develop good relationships with the onsite Site Manager, Hygiene Team and Client Customers in Work Centres.
- Follow the Company’s Health, Safety and Quality procedures within the course of the role.
- Successfully undertake the training matrix specific to this role.
- To undertake the operation of Fork Lift Truck driving within a H&S conscious environment within in the job role.
- Ensure all equipment is kept clean, well maintained and is a safe working order, i.e. PAT Tested, etc.
- Have full knowledge and understanding of the working area, including the agreed work to be carried out and time allocated to the area.
- Maintain the designated area to an agreed level of cleanliness in line with the Contract and relevant contractual standards, carrying out all daily, weekly and periodic tasks as directed by the Cleaning Supervisor.
- To assist and liaise with the site Manager / supervisor in the operation of the waste department on issues and initiatives.
- Ensure grounds are free from litter and waste storage area is kept clean and organised.
- Have a full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and approved chemicals used within the premises and to attend all necessary training to be able to use this equipment.
- To comply with the requirements of Health & Safety, other relevant legislation and premises policies.
- PIN in on arrival at site and on completion of work.
- Use products carefully and look after equipment.
- To carry out a daily and weekly check of all machinery to make sure that it is in a safe working condition.
- Report any maintenance issues to the Cleaning Supervisor and Site Manager.
- To help monitor the waste produced using the weekly checklist and monitoring procedure.
- Understand and observe Mitie and Client site rules at all times.
- Ensure uniform is clean and tidy.
- Shoes must be fully covered with tread and appropriate for the requirements of the role. Minimal jewellery to be worn for health and safety reasons (note - wedding ring and studs earrings are acceptable).
- To wear protective clothing (PPE) as issued.
- To observe all Company and Client statutory fire and safety regulations and to promote good safety habits and methods of work.
- To deal with any complaints that fall within the job holder’s duties and report these immediately to the Cleaning Supervisor/Service Support Manager.
- Perform miscellaneous cleaning duties as apparent or as instructed by the Cleaning Supervisor.
- To undertake any other related duties which are within the job holder’s capability, according to the needs of the business and as directed by the Line Manager.
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work:
- Pension - We offer two pensions schemes - Scottish Widows and People Pension, so you can save money each month while you’re working and look forwards to a comfortable retirement.
- Mitie Stars is part of our reward package – it’s our employee recognition scheme, the overall winner takes home a dream prize of their choice worth up to £15,000.
- MiDeals: Is our employee discount portal that provides fantastic savings at all our favourite high street stores. We've also negotiated additional discounts with some of our big-name suppliers, which are of great use to our employees.
You will need to do a quick forklift test so the client is happy with your level of driving.
- Forklift Operator: 3 months (Preferred)
- Licence: Counter Balance (Required)
- Must be able to complete an Enhanced Disclosure in line with the Contract requirements.
- Must successfully pass the drug and alcohol screening test
- Must be able to work the shift pattern discussed.
- Have a flexible approach to the role.
Health and Safety responsibilities:
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.