Senior Healthcare Professional - Greater Manchester Police
- Greater Manchester Police Custody Suites, Manchester, United Kingdom
Care & Custody HCPs are RGNs or Paramedic who are qualified Healthcare Professionals working in partnership 12 National Police Forces, to pro-actively reduce re-offending.
Our teams are developed with accredited training and career path opportunities in a trailblazing "Nurse Led" service.
We deliver 1st class forensic medical services into police custody suites across the UK and are looking for exceptional people to join our teams.
Senior Healthcare Professional (SHCP)
Greater Manchester Police
Closing date - Monday 6th July 2020
£42,500 per annum - full time, rolling rota days and nights; 42 hours a week
The primary responsibility is to lead a team of HCPs providing assessments and care for detainees, victims and staff in Police Custody Suites and in the Force area. You will have management responsibilities for the Healthcare Professionals ensuring they are appraised and supervised.
To work as part of an integrated team with the Clinical Lead, Lead SHCP, SHCPs and Contract Director ensuring that services are delivered to the required standards, in accordance with the specific needs of the Force, and ensuring that local processes comply with national clinical governance standards.
As a Senior HCP you must be flexible and committed, providing operational cover as required.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Conducting clinical supervision and appraisals for your team of Healthcare Professionals
- Providing governance advice and support for team members in accordance with company policy
- Assist in maintaining the rota to ensure the service is provided at all times in accordance with contractual requirements
- Providing advice, guidance and support to Custody Officers, investigating officers and other individuals where required.
- Developing and maintaining effective working practices with external healthcare providers, such as the ambulance services, mental health teams and drug and alcohol services.
- Ensuring accurate and complete records of the Healthcare Professional Team training and competencies
- Managing Care + Custody local pharmacy procedures in liaison with the Clinical Lead.
- Becoming a licentiate member of the Faculty of Forensic and Legal Medicine and undertaking other role training and development as required.
- Registered General Nurse (or dual qualified RGN/RMN)/Paramedic with a minimum of 2 years’ post-qualifying service
- Custody experience essential
- Full membership of the either NMC or HCPC
- Unplanned Care experience
- Ability to work autonomously and within a wider team
- Strong decision making skills
- Have been continuously resident in the UK for at least 3 years, with no more than 3 months spent overseas at any one time.
- Must have Right to Work in the UK
- A full UK driving license (manual)
- Willingness to develop skill set with forensic training
- Flexibility to move across sites as required
In return for your dedication and commitment we offer:
- Structured career development in a people centered company
- A huge benefits package including pension schemes, private medical cover, share schemes and MiDeals discount scheme with over 3000 offers available from your favourite retailers, leisure and utilities companies.