Retail Security Officer - £9.18 per hour
- Fleets Lane, Poole, England, United Kingdom
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave
Mitie has a great opportunity for Retail Security Officer to work at our site based in Poole. Working at this location will allow the successful candidate to enjoy discounted benefits whilst gaining high quality experience within the security industry. Full training and a quality induction is provided for the successful candidate.
Paying £9.18 Per Hour for guaranteed 45 hours per week, this role would be ideal for a security professional who has a customer service orientated approach; looking to further their working experience within a retail environment. A confident and outgoing personality would be perfect for this role to ensure effective client interaction throughout the shift. The rota provides a good work life balance, with no starts earlier than 0600 and not finishing later than 2100; this is subject to seasonal changes - NO NIGHT SHIFTS.
You will report into the site’s security operations manager who is supported by the Contract Support Team.
- The Full time security officer will need to be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude.
- The Full time security officer should be able to work on own initiative.
- Retail Security experience.
- Flexible Approach to work to suit the business needs.
- Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal.
- It is important the Security Officer is calm under pressure.
- Understand the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
- Door Supervision or Security Guarding License essential.
- Pension Scheme
- Company rewards and benefits, including leading retailer discounts
- 20% Discount card from client (subject to policy)
- Cycle to work scheme
- 28 days holiday
- Company device provided
- Free uniform
- Free SIA Renewal
- Free access to training
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work. A comprehensive training programme in place to support personnel development
Note: This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. A more detailed job description will be available at interview should you be successful in your application. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.