- Crieff Rd, Aberfeldy PH15, UK
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
· Provide routine housekeeping duties and/or janitorial tasks when required to support the effective operations of the schools, e.g. washing low level windows, low level maintenance (i.e. fixing a door handle), etc.
· To liaise with the helpdesk ensuring that events/tasks are dealt with in accordance with the Contract Agreement.
· To undertake reactive and planned maintenance tasks, as well as monitoring of Contractors when dealing with their assigned tasks and providing escort duties when and where required.
· Carry out appropriate reporting activities to ensure that the Senior Janitor can carry out their own tasks and meet contract/regional reporting requirements.
· Carry out regular service inspections reporting the results to the Facilities Manager and act upon, to ensure corrective actions are undertaken timeously.
· React to all duties as directed by the site Facilities Manager and/or Senior Janitor.
· Transporting materials and equipment throughout the building; ensuing that these are delivered in good time, stored appropriately and in accordance with health and safety and manual handling procedures as per training provided.
· Preparing rooms and halls for a range of uses, including setting out, removal and storage of furniture and equipment, erecting and dismantling stages, platforms, etc. All of this in accordance with health and safety and manual handling procedures as per training provided.
· Ensure correct operation of the heating, plant and lighting facilities. Checking for their efficiency with regards to energy conservation and correct usage and monitoring fuel stocks and ordering supplies as necessary to ensure that adequate fuel is available at all times. Ensuring that internal and external areas are adequately lit including replacing lighting materials and fuses where possible in accordance with established guidelines. Making sure that all unnecessary lighting is extinguished when the building is closed.
· Monitoring the condition of heating plant, notifying the Facilities Manager of the need to effect repairs and undertaking routine maintenance. Keeping the boiler-house clear at all times and undertaking frost protection measures as necessary.
· Ensure correct health and safety practices are applied appropriately and in accordance with training given.
· Undertake on-call duties, responding to emergency call-outs in accordance with established procedures, including attending at the location, contacting the appropriate authorities, inspecting for damage and theft, effecting temporary repairs and, where necessary, liaising with contractors/emergency services on site.
· Minor grounds maintenance duties ensuring that litter is cleared regularly from all external surfaces within the boundaries of the site, including all weather surfaces and soft playing areas.
· In the event of snow and frost, the cleaning of pedestrian access routes within the schools precincts.
· Ensuring that body and other emergency spillages are dealt with in accordance with the agreed procedures.
· Carry out minor repairs such as painting, plumbing and joinery as directly by the Facilities Manager and or/Senior Janitor. Training will be given to for tasks needing repair.
· Monitor and provide janitorial cover for agreed Lets within the school premises and external areas.
· Ensuring that graffiti is removed/concealed as soon as possible.
· Security of building , dependant on working hours, including the opening of the premises and grounds at prescribed times and ensuring that these are secured at the end of the working day. Co-operating with all appropriate personnel and agencies in maintaining the security of the premises. Maintaining the keys in their possession for emergency call-out purposes.
· Dispose of waste materials arising from the use of the premises as are not covered by alternative arrangements.
· the cleaning of designated areas as and when requested by your Line Manager.
· Carry out regular checks on the fire alarm systems ensuring that they are working satisfactorily, reporting any faults to the Facilities Manager and/or Senior Janitor.
· Follow the MITIE Group and MITIE PFI policies and procedures at all time in relation to health and safety ensuring apparent deficiencies in systems of work, equipment provided, or training are reported to your Line Manager.
· Ensure that all PPE provided by MITIE PFI is used properly and accordance with training received.
· Carry out any other reasonable duties requested by your Line Manager.
- Must be able to complete an Enhanced Disclosure in line with the Contract requirements.
- Must fall into the required shift pattern as required and deemed as suitable to meet Contractual requirements.
- Have a flexible approach to the role.
- Proven Customer Focus and Service Skills.
- The ability to prioritise workload effectively, with good organisational skills.
- Detail conscious.
- Able to work from own initiative.
- Good awareness of Health and Safety legislation.
- Excellent Time Management Skills.
- Good Communicator.
- Basic Computer literacy.
Working within the Mitie values and behaviours
People Mitie is a people business. It’s our people, and their drive to do their jobs to the best of their ability that makes us different.
We do what we say we will
How we behave…
· We treat all colleagues with respect
· We challenge people when they don’t do the right thing
· We welcome advice from anyone that might improve what we do
· We are open and honest
· We think safety and always follow rules for safe working
We go out of our way to make a difference
How we behave…
· We work with each other to achieve the best for clients and for Mitie
· We share information to help colleagues succeed
· We build great relationships
· Our first response to requests will always be positive
· We look out for each other, never walking by unsafe actions or situations
We help others to be the best they can be
How we behave…
· We support and encourage each other to develop
· We lead by example
· We set clear expectations
· We listen to and learn from others
· We learn from mistakes and incidents to prevent recurrence
Passion Take our people, add their passion, and you get something really special.
We give it everything we’ve got
How we behave…
· We do good things for each other, the environment and the community
· We appreciate diversity and encourage it
· We demonstrate team spirit
· We are committed to doing things better and setting new standards in all that we do
· We take pride in what we do and have fun doing it
· We celebrate success and say thank you
Fresh thinking We want our people to find inspiration from skill development and career progression, and enjoy respect and recognition for a job well done.
We do things that excite and amaze
How we behave…
· We bring new ideas to the way we do things
· We are willing to try new things
· We encourage and support innovation
· We consider things from other peoples’ points of view
· We embrace new thinking and technologies
· We build health & safety into everything we do
Health and Safety responsibilities
· Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
· Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
· Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
· Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.