- Pavilion Dr, Northampton NN4, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
This is an exciting opportunity to join Mitie’s Global Security Operations Centre (GSOC), a rapidly evolving team of intelligence analysts operating at the forefront of intelligence-led security. The GSOC’s remit is to provide an open source intelligence (OSINT) capability to Mitie, and for Mitie’s clients. The GSOC is responsible for the identification of potential threats to our clients’ employees and business operations and the delivery of timely, actionable threat intelligence for the purpose of informing and facilitating our clients’ decision-making process so identified threats can be mitigated. The GSOC also provides major incident communications support in response to a significant incident and bespoke, digital investigation services in response to unique and individual security requirements.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in an OSINT, crime or security intelligence-related environment, either within law enforcement, military, government or the private sector. You will be a confident and assertive decision-maker with the ability to work in a highly dynamic, agile environment, with excellent judgement and written communication skills. Hands-on and driven, you will inspire others with your passion to provide excellent threat reporting to assist client security decision-making and improve business resilience.
Salary: £28,000 p.a.
- The identification, development, monitoring and exploitation of open source intelligence (OSINT) sources to produce actionable threat intelligence reports
- The creation of high-quality, relevant and concise intelligence reports covering threats including themes such as, but not limited to, terrorism, crime, extreme activism and cyber-attacks
- Monitoring of multi-language, global, real-time information sources and feeds to rapidly identify emerging or developing major incidents, quickly assessing the details to determine the impact to client locations around the world
- Responding to, and escalating, major incidents as required to clients and Mitie senior leadership in a manner proportionate to the level of threat or scale of impact
- Delivery of oral threat intelligence briefings to both Mitie and client personnel on a regular basis
- Real-time monitoring of executive travellers around the world, ensuring identified threats to their safety are communicated in a timely manner
- Develop professional relationships with internal and external intelligence teams, departments and agencies to assist in the prevention and detection of crime
- Conduct ad-hoc and specialised investigations to support the prevention and detection of crime, utilising a suite of tools such as Maltego to produce network diagrams, and Google Earth Pro to produce geo-spatial analytical products
- Willingness to work shifts in support of the GSOC’s 24/7 operation
- Keen interest in current affairs and security
- Excellent spelling, punctuation and grammar; high report-writing standards
- Degree-educated, or equivalent
- Self-motivated, ability to organise and prioritise workloads and driven to develop professionally
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience working in an intelligence, risk or business continuity environment
- Non-English language skills are desirable but not essential for the role
- Familiarity with social media platforms, social media intelligence (SOCMINT) and open source intelligence (OSINT) tools and techniques would be highly beneficial, but full training can be provided
- Confident and articulate presenter able to concisely deliver key messages and justify assessments
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.